DoW - Causes | Feedback & Suggestions

This is the forum where you can find various articles about how you can Travel Responsibly & Effectively in Himalayas, learn about various DoW - Causes and find updates about these causes.

Re: DoW - Causes | Feedback & Suggestions

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Some very valid suggestions by Rohith here

I recently visited Gangtok(North SIkkim too). Have visited Ladakh twice.
Most of the tourists are not aware of basic etiquettes. and so sad.. many of them are educated.
Ex: Throwing plastic bottles, plastic covers etc on road(literally wherever they want to throw).

And, at NJP railway station, there was a train with many CRPF staff(Going for an election duty, I guess).
I felt very bad after seeing them, doing similar things. (Throwing almost everything on railway platform).
I observed, there were few dustbins and really empty even after the train left(I believe, There were about 1000+ CRPF members in that train).

“No plastic campaign” is very much needed to keep the places clean(The high passes, where more people might start visiting).

Just similar to Dow causes, it would be good if “No plastic”/keep it clean awareness is available in DoW website.

Thanks,
– Rohith
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby LhathongGyurme » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:51 am

Maybe Betadine on ALL cuts, burns, etc. if dispenseries' "doctor" uses or needs.
LhathongGyurme

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 pm

LhathongGyurme wrote:Maybe Betadine on ALL cuts, burns, etc. if dispenseries' "doctor" uses or needs.

O yes, that's a good suggestion. Even Soframycin helps with burns too.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Previous

Return to Responsible Travel