Uttarakhand Snowfall Updates 2016

Know or share about various kinds of news, updates regarding traveling to various parts of the Himalayas including road status as well as road conditions, in this forum.

Re: Uttarakhand Snowfall Updates 2016

Postby mosederbaer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:08 am

dipankarb wrote:I just traveled back from Munsiyari and took the Rudrapur-Rampur route while descending from Pithoragarh, Champawat . It is terrible to say the least with crater like potholes and intermittent traffic that creates quite a bottleneck for about 15/20 Kms. A strict No-No for someone planning to travel by this route. I found the road suggested by Nitish to be good. Thanks

Dipankar bhai how was the road condition from khatima to Rudrapur? It was too bad when we did it last October while coming back from lohaghat...
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Re: Uttarakhand Snowfall Updates 2016

Postby dipankarb » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:56 am

It was bad too intermittently but not as bad as Rudrapur to Rampur, I guess it was primarily because of the fact that they are building the section and making it 2X2 with divider.
dipankarb
Rookie

Previous

Return to Travel News & Updates