Tips for Carrying Clothes for Leh - Ladakh Trip

Read, learn and share more about Traveling to Leh - Ladakh & Zanskar Valley through these travel guides and articles, in this forum.

Tips for Carrying Clothes for Leh - Ladakh Trip

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm

I will try to enlist below some tips on packing your Clothing for Ladakh trip in the start of season (April End to June) and end of season (mid-September to mid October) because both these windows have some winter or cold conditions up there in Ladakh or Trans Himalayas. Hence, once shall be prepared with clothing when visiting trans Himalayan places in these time windows. July - August are considered to be pleasant and light woolens mostly do the job for you.

Read the complete article at the DoW Blog link: Tips for Carrying Clothes for Ladakh Trip

Clothes for Leh - Ladakh Trip

Feel free to ask any queries as replies to this topic. In order to keep the information organized and benefit other fellow travelers as well from your queries, I will request you to please post your replies and queries in the forum topic only NOT as blog comments in these reference links.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: Tips for Carrying Clothes for Leh - Ladakh Trip

Postby sahil salim » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm

will reach delhi on 20th........ wanna buy the woolens from there...................
have no idea about the cost or shops. bhai help needed...............
sahil salim

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:33 am

Sahil bhai, Gopinath Baazar Army Cantt is the best place to get them in case you gonna use them for only the trips to Himalayas :) There are couple of shops there and I will provide all the details for it and you can check them.

Do get couple of pairs of thermal inners, woolen cap, gloves may not be required but still get them, couple of pairs of woolen socks and a jacket. Siddharth in the meet suggested that there are army type woolen jackets available which he used for the entire trip and are not that costly too.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby sahil salim » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:05 am

dheerajsharma14 wrote:Sahil bhai, Gopinath Baazar Army Cantt is the best place to get them in case you gonna use them for only the trips to Himalayas :) There are couple of shops there and I will provide all the details for it and you can check them.

Do get couple of pairs of thermal inners, woolen cap, gloves may not be required but still get them, couple of pairs of woolen socks and a jacket. Siddharth in the meet suggested that there are army type woolen jackets available which he used for the entire trip and are not that costly too.

thank u bhai................
and what about the footwears........... need to buy any special footwears for the trip...................
sahil salim

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:12 pm

Sahil, not really needed though you will get some really good army shoes too up there in Gopinath Baazar of all quality and prices. Some are very light too.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby Petertaylor58 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 am

Good tips for visiting Ladakh in India. Last month I visited to Delhi for some work. I visited some places near to Delhi. The Ladakh is one of them. It's really a wonderful place in India. The people are really good. The Indian traditions is always eye catching to me and my family. Thank for this tips. I would definitely remember next time when I visit to Ladakh.
Petertaylor58

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Peter, welcome to DoW Community !!

Yeah, Ladakh is one of the best places in India in terms of landscapes as well as lovely people over there. You can find loads of info. in the DoW Community & Blogs for making a successful as well as memorable trip to Ladakh. And please feel free to post any queries as well in the Itinerary Advice section :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby sahil salim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:32 pm

got a pair of inners, woolen socks, gloves,and cap from trivandrum itself.... little costly here.........
confused with woolen jacket type..... bhai we need heavy ones????
sahil salim

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:13 am

Sahil, yes, we will need heavy jacketc
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby pskashikar000 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi Dheeraj
Travelling 2-Sep to 9-Sep to Ladakh.
Do I need to carry heavy woollens? Is winter jacket necessary or a regular thin windshitter with thermal inners is sufficient? Woollen caps,socks,gloves??
pskashikar000

Next

Return to Ladakh & Zanskar Valley