We hope these articles are helpful while making a choice to eat out when you travel to that particular place. We will try to keep the reviews of restaurants or eating joints as brief as possible.
Well, let's start with one of the most special places of my Traveling that is Leh – Ladakh …
Good Restaurants / Eating Joints in Leh – Ladakh
- Lamayuru Restaurant , Old Fort road, Leh: VERY MUCH recommended !! Situated on Old Fort Road, Lamayuru restaurant is one of the best places in Leh to have food. I never miss a visit here.
- Gesmo Restaurant, Old Fort Road, Leh: VERY MUCH recommended!! Gesmo Restaurant or call it a German bakery , the place have it all topped with their special Yak Cheeze Pizza and special ambience at night, the place very much deserve a visit if you are in Leh. Service is a bit slow but worth it.
- Neha Snacks, Main Market, Leh: Alloo tikki or Puri Chole in the cold desert of Leh – Ladakh? ... It is the place for you need then. Good food and great prices, will surely gonna bring back the taste buds from home. MUST TRY!!
- Shubh Punjabi, Main Market, Leh: VERY MUCH recommended!! Some Punjabi snackers, lassi and paranthas.
- Little Italy Restaurant, Near Main Market Leh: Nice food, good to try specially Kashmiri Dum Aloo and it has fair prices too.
- Jeevan Cafe, Changspa Road, Leh: VERY MUCH recommended!! Right on Changspa road, very good and reasonable priced food.
- Hotel Sten Del Restaurant, Deskit, Nubra Valley: Kind of a hotel but if you are looking for good food in Nubra Valley with some Beer & Liquor, it is a nice option.
- Chopstiks Restaurant, Leh: Good ambience, nice view and food. Thanks Htv8, for its mention.
- BBQ Shop, Leh: Opposite way with Chopstick, you have beautiful garden view, serving good eastern breakfast but a bit expensive as compared to others. Thanks Htv8, for its mention.
- World Garden Cafe, Changspa Road – Leh: Open air restaurant serving North Indian, Italian, English, Israeli etc with a nice, calm and peaceful environment. Thanks Nidhi for suggesting this on the blog.
- MY SECRET RECIPE: on Upper Thukcha Road, near its junction with Changspa Road, and right opposite WWF India's Field Office in Hemis Complex. This place is easily missed unless you look out for the signboard on a crumbling compound wall. You enter either through the small gate here, or through an alley leading off Changspa road lined with hawkers selling trinkets. Either way you reach a rambling courtyard with a little homely cottage in the centre. The place is run by a group of women with a bright sunny interior. The decor is delightful. Please try all their dishes, although the place is mostly known for its coffee & cakes. The omelettes were yummy, my young daughter swears by their pizza, the spaghetti (vegetable, mushroom variants) was delicious and comforting after returning from long getaways from Leh, and don't forget to wash it all down with their nourishing smoothies! (review by Ravi below in the posts of the thread)
- Rhinchen Cafeteria, Khardungla Top: Want snacks at 18000 Feet, check out some hot drinks. Tomato soup is one of my favorite. Thanks Avik for pointing a mention of it.
- Amdo in the main bazaar beats all these places hands down. Read Review in posts below.
- RENDEVOUS CAFE: very near to main bazzar. Very nice food and reasonable rate. Its Dal Fry and Roti was too good. Also Indian Breakfast is yummy. Must try. Feedback from thread below by Anshu.
- Maska Chaska Restaurant: We found very tasty South Indian food at the Maska Chaska Restaurant. We tried Dosas, Idlis and Uttapam. All were worth the money spent. Definitely Recommended. Feedback from thread below by Anshu.
- Hot Millions Sweets & Snacks just ahead of the lane opposite to the Neha Snacks in the main bazaar. We ate Chholey Samosa and it was awesome, far better than Neha Snacks. Also their Gulab Jamun and Jalebi is awesome. It's run by Punjabi brothers and they claim that it's oldest building in the main bazaar. Must Try. Feedback from thread below by Anshu.
Restaurants / Eating Joints to Avoid in Leh – Ladakh
- Dreamland Restaurant, Old Fort Road, Leh: Just a one liner, PLEASE AVOID!! Pathetic service, average/bad food and priced high too.
You can read the detailed reviews of all above restaurants or eating joints in Leh - Ladakh in the list at the original article on the blog: List of Good Restaurants in Leh – Ladakh | Restaurant Reviews
Feel free to add your own reviews of these or any other restaurants/eating joint in Leh - Ladakh, so that we can keep them all in a central place to benefit fellow travelers.