Yourdum Guest House - Hunder, Nubra Valley, Ladakh | Review

Share your reviews of Hotels, Guest Houses & Home Stays in Leh - Ladakh & Zanskar Valley with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Yourdum Guest House - Hunder, Nubra Valley, Ladakh | Review

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:02 am

On our DoW Ladakh Mega Meet 2013, I stayed at Yourdum Guest House at Hunder in Nubra Valley. This small guest house in Hunder was exceptionally good considering the remote place and other pricey camping options available around apart from the fact that you can find your way to it through the narrow roads of Hunder :) ... I loved the on the house service, soft spoken language from the care taker and cook. The whole family was very welcoming too and they took good care of each of us. Hunder Sand Dunes were just 10 minutes of drive/ride from the guest house.

Cost
It was quite within the budget with Rs 600 - 900 depending upon room you choose and number of people staying in on room.

Facilities
There were 3 rooms with attached bath and 2-3 rooms without bath. There was hot running water through boiler and the rooms were adequately spaced. Fine enough for 3 people easily. Couple of rooms were 4 bedded too. There is no TV in the room and TV is located outside room in dining area where food is served.

Food
Well, food was the second best we had on the whole trip. It was quite homely, fresh and well prepared/cooked. The cook was from Kargil.

Parking
There was ample of space to park at least 3-4 cars and given the number of rooms they had it was enough. Otherwise, you need to park outside.

Experience
The whole experience was very nice, they nicely packed the breakfast for us for the next morning too in foil paper. Sandwiches and Eggs were boiled only for us in the wee hours of morning, still thanking them for it :D ... There was a small garden in front having apples, cabbages and loads of colorful flowers around you. It was quite a refreshing feeling overall after a hectic day for us.

Conclusion
Very nice place to stay in Nubra Valley if you are looking out for some decent, moderate budget accommodation. Though please keep in mind that the bedding was not too soft to provide you luxury comfort. The bedding was basic with moderate softness mattresses and none of us had any issues while staying or sleeping over there. It is a basic guest house with all basic and necessary facilities required and should be available in low cost guest house :)

For all of us it was great value for money stay in Hunder, Nubra Valley - Ladakh !!

Contact Number: +91-1980-221114 OR +91-9469735827

See some pictures for yourself ...

Youdum Guest House

Inside of Rooms at Youdum Guest House

Outside Garden of Youdum Guest House

Flora in outside Garden of Youdum Guest House

Apples in outside Garden of Youdum Guest House

dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: Yourdum Guest House - Hunder, Nubra Valley, Ladakh | Rev

Postby NonStopDriver » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 am

Now that's real value for money!
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby getpackingvinod » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:47 pm

For the price, its excellent :)

I especially love the views you'd have from the window sitting on the toilet seat ;) ;)
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Postby aashish2137 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Wow! Amazing! I stayed at Habib Guest House and compared to this we got ripped! :(
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby jmajumdar » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:20 am

Can you please help me in locating homestays / budget hotels at Kargil. We are a group of 7 (seven) and would be staying there on 25th May night. The options available on the web are quite costly.
jmajumdar

Postby NonStopDriver » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 am

getpackingvinod wrote:I especially love the views you'd have from the window sitting on the toilet seat ;) ;)

No views.. it's frost glass :lol:
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 am

jmajumdar wrote:Can you please help me in locating homestays / budget hotels at Kargil. We are a group of 7 (seven) and would be staying there on 25th May night. The options available on the web are quite costly.

Welcome to DoW Community !! :) :)

You can check this Travel Tale which refers a good decent budget stay in Kargil by the name Ashiyana guesthouse: From Salt Desert to Snow Desert. You can try to connect with @sp_tanna ji for more details with respect to contact.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby ssonde » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:33 am

Hi Dheeraj:

Is there a website and/or an e-mail address for yourdum guest house at Hunder, Nubra Valley?

Sharad
ssonde
Rookie

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:31 am

No Sharad, only contact number is what I have. There is no website for them
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Ladakh & Zanskar Valley