Hot Springs Resort, Chumathang

Share your reviews of Hotels, Guest Houses & Home Stays in Leh - Ladakh & Zanskar Valley with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Postby aashish2137 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 pm

We stayed at some GH found by Rigzin at Chumathang, the name of which even I didn't know. The place was nothing more than 4 rooms in a row and placed at the banks of Indus and the hot springs. The kitchen was a couple of mts away from the rooms, run by a local lady who also runs a grocery shop.
The rooms were being opened for the first time after the winter and some paint was coming off. But the rooms were warm with carpet flooring. The bathrooms were big and had a bathtub (why?!). One has to take a few steps to reach the kitchen, where the food was okay-ish.
We paid 600 for the room (800 was quoted, Rigzin saved another 200 bucks) and 150 per person for the food. Nice place. Recommended.
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Re: Hot Springs Resort, Chumathang

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Even I stayed here and it was a very nice experience. I am guess due to the presence of hot springs I think the place was a bit warm as compared to other places we stayed. The vegetables and dal cooked was tasty enough and complete food appeared homely, fresh prepared on demand and in front of you. The rooms were not that cozy but good enough to stay. The general store has almost everything one can imagine for basic survival, even kids Nan1,2,3 etc :D ... The only minor disadvantage I saw was walking at night upto to restaurant to have food with cold wind blowing around in off season :mrgreen:

Bottom line: It is a basic stay if you are OK with it and the facilities provided are good if you look around yourself as what region you are into. So, in case you wish to acclimatize more before reaching Tso Moriri or Hanle or could not get any accommodation at Tso Moriri, then it is one of the very favorable option you could look into.

Contact Info: You can reach Zotpa, the guys who runs it along with family at +91-9469252120. The availability of signal depends so keep trying the number for few times in over a span of few days.

Here are pictures of of the place:

Last edited by dheerajsharma14 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Contact Info.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:47 pm

I managed to get contact of Zotpa, who along with his family run this Chumathang Hot Spring Guest House on my recent trip in September 2013. You can reach Zotpa at +91-9469252120. Keep trying the number over a span of few days as signal is a bit vary over there at Chumathang.

Number also updated in the main post.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby aashish2137 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Hahaa.. Great pictures, guess I missed clicking them due to our short halt. Indeed the rooms are warm and comfortable and the bathrooms are fitted with a bathtub. Thanks for the detailed review and the contact numbers, will be helpful to all of us.
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Return to Ladakh & Zanskar Valley