How to Write a Travel Tale or Topic with Attached Images

Share your traveling experiences or stories from various parts of the Himalayas with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

How to Write a Travel Tale or Topic with Attached Images

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 am

I will try to describe below, how you can write your own Travel Tale about Himalayas and share it with other members of the community.

Step 1: Click on the respective forums to post your Travel Tales and Click "New Topic" icon on the top left corner of the forum index. In this case, "Share Your Himalayan Travel Experience --> Travel Tales from Himalayas"

Step1a.PNG
Step1a.PNG (5.94 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

Step1b.PNG
Step1b.PNG (17.44 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

Step1c.PNG
Step1c.PNG (25.27 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

Step 2: You will be greeted with a Rich Text Editor box, where you can write a subject of your travel tale. and then start writing your content in the big box below. You have all the options to edit the text the way you like, using Bold, Italics, Quotes, Lists, Images using IMG tags, flash content, urls, smilies etc.

Step2a.PNG
Step2a.PNG (130.05 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

Step 3: Once you write complete or some parts of your Travel Tale, you have the options to Save a Draft, Preview it or Submit it. If you Submit it, then other travelers will be able to see your pictures too.

Step 4: You can use Upload Attachment option below to uploads the pictures and attach them in the Travel Tale. You can only attach 15 images per post. Please add in the batches of 3-5 images only with size less than 200 KBs to a maximum of 15 per post to minimize the loss due to time out issues on slow connections.

Step4a.PNG
Step4a.PNG (56.78 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

Step 5: Once you upload the image, you have the option to Delete the file or to Place it Inline with the content by clicking the correct buttons in the Posted Attachments section

Step4b.PNG
Step4b.PNG (31.05 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

Step 6: You can use [img] tags too, which accepts image URL to upload the images from other websites such as 500px, Picasa, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook or any other site or your own website etc. It just need a URL in the tags. This will help you go away with restrictions of size and number of images per post.

Step 7: You can Submit once you finish the content you want to share as first part and then anytime, you can come back to topic, use Reply button to repeat the above process and complete your Travel Tale in any number of replies :)

Important Notes:
  1. If possible, try to post as much helpful information as possible, like stays, expenses, travel time, local or cultural insights etc. so that others reading the travel tale can reap good benefits from it. May be you can also start with a small trip report summarizing all such stuff with some lovely teasers and then start on with the Travel Tale in detail.
Feel free to reply to this post and ask any queries for posting your Travel Tales to share your own Travel Experience with others...

Keep Traveling, Keep Sharing!! :) :) ....
Last edited by dheerajsharma14 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited the title
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: How to Write or Post a Travel Tales or Topic

Postby getpackingvinod » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Is there a way I can edit my posts ? Somehow my first two posts (on North east), the attachment is not displaying properly from last week
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:04 am

Vinod, can you send me the pictures. I do not think we have a feature to support edit of older posts once the time period expires. Just send them over email and I will edit that and post here. Not sure, even I saw in this thread all images as attachments were gone :( ... Need to look out for the issue what happened here.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 am

Vinod, did you edit your images or uploaded them again?
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby getpackingvinod » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:09 pm

I had not edited after uploading initial pics.

I have sent you by email the pics

Thanks a lot.
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Re: How to Write a Travel Tale or Topic with Attached Images

Postby akki17 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:36 pm

I have many pictures to add to the thread. I already posted the thread. Now how to add the Url's. I have uploaded it on Google+ already.
Please guide dheeraj boss.
Don't tell me how educated you are, Tell me how much you travelled.
akki17

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 pm

@akki, you can use Img button in the tool bar to insert [img] tags and then just mention the URL of Google+ in between those img tags.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby akki17 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:19 pm

@ dheerajsharma but i posted the thread already. How to edit the thread and post pics now
Don't tell me how educated you are, Tell me how much you travelled.
akki17

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Ankush bhai you can either click Edit button or post the pictures in the new post if Edit is no longer available to you.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Travel Tales from Himalayas