Photo Tale | A Family Trip to Barot - Chindi Nov'13

Share your Rest of Himachal Pradesh traveling experiences or stories with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Re: Photo Tale | A Family Trip to Barot - Chindi Nov'13

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:11 am

I could not go through the complete log yet as I am sitting in office ;). So would comment for what I have read yet. The place from your photos and narration seems absolutely perfect for a peaceful time and this place is obvioulsy now in my Radar. Thanks Bro, for sharing this photos of the place. Sitting beside river and spending some quality time with family there has always been my dream. But I have never charted that out in my itinerary specially. But looking at the Uhl river, I think I need to do that now..

Super bro. Will comment as I read ahead.
MetalHead
Tripper

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Thank you Aashish and Vibhu !! Aashish yeah bro, it is one good drive up in woods to Chindi. I loved it to the core. Vibhu, dun worry take your time to read bhai as I am taking too much time to write it :D :D .. But, anyways the next part.

Well, we continued the drive towards Rohanda and it was silence as my wife also slept for couple of hours while I enjoyed the route. There are several trekking routes that goes from Rohanda including Shikari Devi and Kamru Naag Lake. There is one famous big picture over stone of Lord Hanuman which I somehow was not able to click despite the urge :( ... Kiddo was sleeping so did not want to break it and let him in uneasiness again. The views were lovely all the way and when finally there was U-Turn saying Shimla about 99 KMs via Tattapani. I thought the road to Chindi leads from Karsog so I skipped it and went staright towards Karsog where finally a local told me that I had to take the other route but no worries as after few KMs I will get another chance to come back to Tattapani road and towards Chindi from where Chindi is just 2 KMs. The whole mistake costed us about 6-8 KMs that is about 15-20 minutes but finally we reached Chindi, The Mamleshwar Hotel by HPTDC which is right on the road.

It was around 3.15 and we immediately asked for lunch :D :D ... Junior was finally relaxed to run around out of cage, the car ;)

Family relaxing on the way to Chindi

The views as seen on the way to Chindi, Himachal

All set for the final leg to Chindi from Rohanda, Himachal

Roads leading to Chindi from Rohanda, Himachal
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 am

It's saddening to see when kids are unwell on trip or any family member for that matter. You are always upset till the time they are back to normal. Sorry for the puking part of the son.
Ahh! Shikari devi, whenever I go to Chindi I always admire that mountain where it is and dream that one day I will go there but never been able to :? .
Hotel Mamleshwar is a very nice property to stay and spend some good time. However, I will upload the photo of the place where we go and stay :D

DSC00771.JPG
DSC00771.JPG (159.79 KiB) Viewed 2117 times
MetalHead
Tripper

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Wow, this looks interested there. What are the details of this property, Vibhu bhai?

Well, continuing on the story, we had lovely lunch though ordered too much in excitement and hence a lot got wasted even after over eating. We roam around in the garden and kiddo was so normal then happily playing, running around. We relaxed, ordered tea and sipped in the garden. Amazing feeling of peace it was, hardly comparable to anything :D :D ... Also, that was the best tea we had on whole trip so far. It was night and I spotted a strange animal jumping over trees with some peculiar sound. The care taker told me that it is flying fox and they live on the trees around hotels, I was like wow :D :D ... There were many monkeys around too and kid just enjoyed watching them play in the background while talking to them in his own language.

The colors during sunset were lovely to watch and it started getting a bit cold. We went into room and ordered light dinner with soups and a plate of rice while junior had his milk. Then a cup of tea finally to end the day for me and junior but my wife watched some movie :)

One can read the detailed review of the hotel we stayed at the link: HPTDC The Mamleshwar, Chindi

A Golden Sunset at Chindi, Himachal

Inside Hotel Mamleshwar, Chindi

Apple Orchards at Chindi, Himachal

Apple Orchards at Chindi, Himachal

Outside Hotel Mamleshwar, Chindi

Hotel Mamleshwar, Chindi

Outside Hotel Mamleshwar, Chindi

Rooms at Hotel Mamleshwar, Chindi

Junior Relaxing in the Garden of Hotel Mamleshwar, Chindi - Himachal

Local Sightseeing Places around Chindi

Hotel Mamleshwar, Chindi
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Staying at a hotel at a place like chindi is an amazing experience.

That place of which I have uploaded photo - while going towards Karsog, Hotel Mamleshwar comes on right hand side. I am not sure either after crossing the hotel or before crossing it, there is a left turn and a descent road. Just after 2km I think there is a small village called "Aashram". And this is the only structure in that village.

We have been going to this place since I was kid. The story is that there was a professor in Delhi, he owned some land there and grew apple orchards. From one room he erected this huge structure. He passed away and before passing away he had setup this commette or in city language "Stakeholder or Board members" who now manages this structure.

Every sunday, a medical dispensary is kept for nearby villagers, which is a very good social deed and I personally like it. There used to be one family who used to take care of the place. And another care taker over them. However, recently, I came to know that Commette removed that family(they were very decent and honest though) due to some reasons not known to me. However, if we want to go then only accomodation is available now and rest we will have to do like food and etc.

This place was linked to Hotel mamleshwar as well earlier. Whenever the number of tourist use to increase at hotel they use to send extra tourist down here.

Thats a nice pic of kid sitting at the swing.
MetalHead
Tripper

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:08 pm

MetalHead wrote:Staying at a hotel at a place like chindi is an amazing experience.

That place of which I have uploaded photo - while going towards Karsog, Hotel Mamleshwar comes on right hand side. I am not sure either after crossing the hotel or before crossing it, there is a left turn and a descent road. Just after 2km I think there is a small village called "Aashram". And this is the only structure in that village.

We have been going to this place since I was kid. The story is that there was a professor in Delhi, he owned some land there and grew apple orchards. From one room he erected this huge structure. He passed away and before passing away he had setup this committee or in city language "Stakeholder or Board members" who now manages this structure.

Hmmm, looks like there is at least one more option there at Chindi then.

Every sunday, a medical dispensary is kept for nearby villagers, which is a very good social deed and I personally like it. There used to be one family who used to take care of the place. And another care taker over them. However, recently, I came to know that Commette removed that family(they were very decent and honest though) due to some reasons not known to me. However, if we want to go then only accommodation is available now and rest we will have to do like food and etc.

That medical dispensary social service is quite an initiative. I feel we can direct people going over there and if it happens to be Sunday it will be good to club with DoW Cause | CURE 500 up there !! Will keep in mind, thanks for sharing bro.

Thats a nice pic of kid sitting at the swing.

Thanks bhai !!

Now let me wake up and move on towards Home from Chindi :D

Day 4 | Chindi – Tattapni – Naldhera – Shimla – Delhi

It was a warm night when compared to what we had at Barot, so it was good relaxing sleep. However, we all were early up by 7 and got ready to hit the road by 8 after having a quick bite of sandwiches at the Hotel. We thanked the people up there, gifted one blanket to the care taker and off we went towards Shimla, which was still 94 KMs from Chindi. The roads on the other side of Chindi were very well and our drive had to go through Tattapani - Naldhera - Mashorba - Shimla

The plan was simple, have a quick bite somewhere in between, check out Gold Course at Naldhera and junior for a horse ride, eat lunch at Kiarighat - HPTDC Apple Cart Inn, bid adieus to Himalayas after Parwanoo, stop over at Karnal for dinner and hit home at Delhi by night.

Well all is easier to plan than finally getting executed but we tried our level best. The first stop over came immediately as Junior started crying complaining the stomach ache !! We were a bit skeptical but after couple of tries to ease him out in open, we came to know that he is crying artificially to get out of the car and run around to play :roll: :twisted: .... As soon as we realize it, we resumed at good speed towards Tattapani. As we reached that place we stopped at a hotel just before Tattapani where we had breakfast in open air sitting area over there !! The place surrounded with quietness and peace, we could not resist stopping there. The Junior's favorite machine was standing out, the mother of 4x4 the Tractor :mrgreen: ... He was quick to grab the driving seat and was really difficult to pull him back from there but we had to move ahead...

Early Morning Views at Chindi

Roads to Tattapni from Chindi

Junior Claiming his Ride

Junior Enjoying supper at Tattapni

Restaurant where we enjoyed little breakfast at Tattapani
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby getpackingvinod » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

There a sulphur spring near the hotel ? !!

Chindi seems to be a wonderful place :)
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby navneet1986 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:47 pm

A wonderful t-log Dheeraj Bhai. And some excellent shots too.

And then how can I not mention about the causes that you have always been so keen for. Hats Off!!
Road Trips: Bhutan Apr'16-May'16; Now Running | Spiti Sep'14-Oct'14 | Kinnaur Jul'14
Trekking: Indrahaar Pass; Now Running
Solo: Winter Trip to Spiti & Kinnaur; Dec'15-Jan'16; Coming Soon
navneet1986
DoW Core Team

Postby mosederbaer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Navneet bhai you and Vibhu Bhai are digging out some hidden treasures from the forum. Thanks a lot for this. I had not taken the pain to search for them. Great work bhai log.

Dheeraj bhai nice travel tale. Enjoyed every bit of it with pictures. You are really daddy devil. [emoji4]
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby navneet1986 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:21 pm

mosederbaer wrote:Navneet bhai you and Vibhu Bhai are digging out some hidden treasures from the forum. Thanks a lot for this. I had not taken the pain to search for them. Great work bhai log.

Dheeraj bhai nice travel tale. Enjoyed every bit of it with pictures. You are really daddy devil. [emoji4]

Anil Bhai, what a weekend it was. Full of these lovely Himalayan tales. It feels as if I was travelling to Himalayas this long weekend :)
Road Trips: Bhutan Apr'16-May'16; Now Running | Spiti Sep'14-Oct'14 | Kinnaur Jul'14
Trekking: Indrahaar Pass; Now Running
Solo: Winter Trip to Spiti & Kinnaur; Dec'15-Jan'16; Coming Soon
navneet1986
DoW Core Team

PreviousNext

Return to Rest of Himachal Pradesh