JOIN ME - Delhi -srinagar-leh-manali-delhi (JUNE Ist WEEK

In this forum, we archive the older Travel Partners Topics of past years as they no longer are required for current year Travel Partner search. This helps avoid confusions to people looking for travel partners in current year.

Re: JOIN ME - Delhi -srinagar-leh-manali-delhi (JUNE Ist W

Postby charles » Tue May 13, 2014 11:08 am

Thanks dheeraj sir for the info.

I am travelling on my own bike so i hope its not an issue and one thing i need to confirmed that is it true that now indian nationals does not require any inner line permit for leh and ladakh sightseeing .

And also pls tell me is manali leh highway opened yet or where i can news on that.

Thanks n regards
charles
Thanks & Regards
Charles
charles

Postby aashish2137 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:58 am

Manali Leh highway isn't open yet but should open by 20th or so. Only 1 pass remains to be cleared.

Yes, Indians don't need a permit for Ladakh sightseeing. Any govt. issued ID card can be shown in place of perrmit.
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:10 pm

And these permits are only not required anymore for normal sightseeing places in Ladakh and traditional routes to these places. Beyond them, you still need permits.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby charles » Sat May 17, 2014 11:44 am

Hello dheeraj sir,

thanks for the info i will keep it in my mind.

Also i paid a visit to new delhi railway station's parcel office to get the info regarding carrying bike in train . Here i things which i find out......

1. New delhi parcel office is open 24 hours all 7 days in week.

2. Luagge facility is avilable in every train including rajdhani.

3: booking of bike will be done on the same day of travelling with confirmed tickets only wheather they are booked online or on counter at station.

4. If u r travelling in rajshani then it is assured that they will send bike in the same train but if u r in any other train then it depends upon the avilability in the luggage compartment.

5. You have to reach atleast 3 to 4 hours in advance before train departure time.

6. Packing guys will take 150 to 200 and as i spoke to them if u pay them some extra tip they will load ur bike in same train as he said they have setting.

7. I spoke to officer also and he was nice and he said for jammu normally they get less consignment so they will load my bike in same train but if there is any army consignment which they need to deliver then it will waiting for atleast 4 to 6 days bcs bcs. They hv to send army stuff on priority ( this is for non rajshani trains for jammu route)

8. I asked abt the charges so he said normally its around 900 plus one % of the total value in insurance plus your packing and tip to the loading guy extra........

9. Its very important that ticket and rc of your bike should be on same name and insurance and pollution too. And if u dont hv bike on your name then get all id prrof of your and the person who is the owner

10 there is no contact no for them u hv go there physically and on new delhi station its on platform no 16 close from ajmeri gate side.

Finally what i understand after talking to them that if u hv confirm tickets in any train even if they say there is no space in luagge just talk to them nicely and if u will give them some tip u r good to go..........

So happy journey ro everyone........

Thanks and regards
charles
Thanks & Regards
Charles
charles

Postby sajalsheth » Sat May 17, 2014 3:04 pm

akash wrote:hello,
I am frm udaipur and going for a bike trip in second week of june14 (12 june), i am with my frnds on 2 bike.

I will go via Jammu-srinagar-kargil-zanskar valley-leh-manali-delhi, but we are hiering an enfield from delhi.

I am also riding on my Pulsar 200 NS from New Delhi - Srinagar-Padum(zanskar)- Leh- Wari La- Marsimik La- Pangong Tso- Kakasang La- Tso Moriri - Manali - New Delhi .

Date :- 8 June 2014 to 25 June 2014.
You may join me.

More Details at :
himalayan-travel-partners/topic989.html
Dream > Explore > Discover =Zanskar & Ladakh Bike Ride, June 2014 = http://www.goo.gl/UD6mVC
Running now = S 3
= http://devilonwheels.com/india/sikkim-arunachal-pradesh-north-east-india-travel-tales/topic3514.html
sajalsheth
Tripper

Postby charles » Sat May 17, 2014 7:43 pm

akash ans sajal ji

since akash u r hiring bike frm delhi make sure that in ladakh bikes rented outside of ladakh are not allowed for sight seeing as said dheeraj sir in the same post thread if u look on page one of this thread........and sajal ji i believe u hv ur own bike so its fine just carry one govt. Issued ID proof bcs. Now indians need no inner line permit for local sight seeing in ladakh.

So aakash pls chek abt this b4 going otherwise u may hv to hire a local bike in ladakh for local sight seeing.........

Thanks and regards
charles
Thanks & Regards
Charles
charles

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:48 am

Thank you so very much Charles for this valuable information sharing with all of us !! I have added this post link to main article on How Carry Bike in Train to Ladakh or Himalayas ...
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby charles » Sun May 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Hello Dheeraj Sir,

Finally i hv decided my route map for my ladakh trip...

Just need one last facour from you pls. take a look at it and tell me am i missing some thing.???

D1 : Delhi - Pathankot(498kms)
Via : Ludhiana ,Jalandar
Night : Pathankot

D2 : Pathankot to srinagar(364kms)
Via :Udampur
Night : Srinagar

D3 : Srinagar to Sonmarg(80kms)
Via : will leave srinagar around 125 after shikara ride in dal lake.... :D
Night : Sonmarg

D4 : Sonmarg to Mulbekh (162kms)
Via : Drass $ zozi la pass & Kargil
Night : Mulbekh

D5 : Mulbekh to Leh (174kms)
Via : lamayuru monestry, gurudwara patharsahib & Mangnetic hills
Night : Leh

D6 : Leh local sightseeing
Via :
Night : Leh

D7 : Leh to Hunder (127 kms)
Via : Khardung La ,camel safari in hunder
Night : Diskit (back frm hunder for night stay)

D8 : Diskit to Panamik to khalsar (113 kms)
Via : sumur,panamik hot water spring
Night : Khalsar

D9 : Khalsar to Chagar tso (204 kms)
Via : Leh , thicksey monastery
Night : Chagar tso

D10 : Chagar tso to Pangong TSO (48 kms)
via :
Night :Pangong Tso

D11 : pangong tso Leh (214 kms)
Via : Hemis monastery
Night : leh

D12 : Leh to Tso Moriri(karzok) (210kms)
Via : puga hoptspring and kyagar tso
Night : TSo Moriri

D13 : Tso Moriri to Sarchu (219 kms)
Via : Tso kar,moore plains ,pang
Night : Sarchu

D14 : Sarchu to manali (193 kms)
Via : Baralacha la, jispa, rohtang pass
Night : Manali

D15 : Manali to delhi

Also I will try to get inner line permit on DAY 6 , if i get it then on DAY 11 instead of coming to leh from Pangong Tso i will go directly to TSO MORIRI but fuel is an issue.........so is there any option avilable where i can get fuel in black so i don't have to come back to leh or upshi.???

Also pls let me knw if i am missing something in this plan.

I will travel with my friend on one bike pulsar 180.

Thanks and Regards
Charles
Thanks & Regards
Charles
charles

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:54 am

@charles, you do not need Inner Line Permits for above itinerary. However, I will say that you are missing out on couple of places which are Turtuk and Hanle. Hanle will need Inner Line Permits and requirement to carry extra fuel, You have enough days to accommodate it. Also, I will suggest to stay at Lamayuru instead of Mulbekh and Chagar Tso does not have any accommodation. Better move to PAngong Tso only on that day or stay at Tangste.

I will still suggest to include Turtuk and/or Hanle.

You will be able to get black fuel in Hanle and Tangste
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby charles » Mon May 19, 2014 10:53 am

Helllo Dheeraj sir,
thanks for d rply....

As you said i will stay in lamayuru intead of mulbekh.

Also sir on Day 8 i am going to panamik and as i saw in google map TURTUk is in d way......pls correct me if i am wrong or if i hv to take a seprate route for turtuk.

And as u said i will not stay in chagar tso instead i will go to pangong directly i hope the road to pangong is good so i can cover the distance otherwise i will stay in tangste.

Now as i can see in google that Hanle is abt 140kms frm pangong and there is road frm Hanle to tso moriri which is also abt 140km...........so pls tell me the road frm hanle to tso moriri is it kk to travel if yes then after i get the permit on day day 11 intead of going bak to leh frm pangong i will go and stay in hanle for a day and on day 12intead of going leh to tso moriri i can directly go to moriri frm hanle bcs u said i will get fuel in hanle so there sud be no problem.

Pls guide me on this that i am right on this hanle , to moriri and turtuk thing.

Also sir is there any bolg frm u where i can learn wat all thing do i nedd to carry like clothing and other stuff which is recemended ofr this trip.

Thanks & regards
charles
Thanks & Regards
Charles
charles

PreviousNext

Return to Past Year - Archives