Tirthan Valley, Himachal Pradesh | Travel Guide

Read, learn and share more about Traveling to various parts of the Himalayas through these travel guides and articles, in this forum.

Tirthan Valley, Himachal Pradesh | Travel Guide

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Situated besides the Tirthan River in Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 1600 meters, Tirthan Valley is a gateway to the Great Himalayan National Park. A place where you can easily forget the world to relax and have loads of nature walks following one trail or the other, into the woods or besides the river. You can amazingly feel the nature in pure bliss here. If nature walks are the thing you like or even Trout Fishing then just head Tirthan. There are a lot of treks ranging from 4-15 days even which an avid trekker can explore and reach as high as 4000 meters approximately. In all it’s an ideal place for camping, bonfires, playing music, getting together to know each other (helpful in team or relation building ), eating out, lazing etc. etc. and the list goes on to make it complete holiday destination.

Read the complete guide at the link: Delhi to Tirthan Valley, Himachal Pradesh | Travel Guide

Tirthan River, Flowing Calmly at Night

Feel free to ask any queries as replies to this topic. In order to keep the information organized and benefit other fellow travelers as well from your queries, I will request you to please post your replies and queries in the forum topic only NOT as blog comments in these reference links.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: Tirthan Valley, Himachal Pradesh | Travel Guide

Postby aashish2137 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Here is a pano of RiverSide Resorts in Tirthan to give you a complete perspective of the resort.
I'd recommend the resort anyday. The hosts are warm and welcoming, the food is clean and tasty, and the surroundings, just breathtaking!

Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby NonStopDriver » Fri May 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Umm..

I'm planning an office outing at Tirthan, 50+ people. What are the options? Can we get accommodation in one single property or do we have to contact multiple?
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Multiple properties needed. In fact you need someone who can pitch camps. No property in Tirthan is that big to accommodate that large number of people. Only camping property can do so. Talk to Raju Bharti if he can arrange though I doubt.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby aashish2137 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:31 am

River side resorts has 4 double bed rooms and 1 4 bed room, as far as I remember. Also they have a huge porch so setting up camps won't be a problem but the food preparation for 50+ people will be a challenge since the kitchen is rather small.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby rkgarg » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:32 pm

hi i am new to the dow community and wanted to ask that is it a gud time to visit tirthan valley as me and my bro in laws families are planning a trip there from 16th of june to 18th.is it a safe option to travel by myself as we will be having 2 cars a vw polo and an optra magnum.is the weather gud at the present state of time .what are the main attractions.also i heard from someone that to reach the great himalayan national park we need a sturdy 4x4.are there any other optiopn to reach there as i dont have an 4x4.where should i stay?
rkgarg

Postby aashish2137 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 am

rkgarg wrote:hi i am new to the dow community and wanted to ask that is it a gud time to visit tirthan valley as me and my bro in laws families are planning a trip there from 16th of june to 18th.is it a safe option to travel by myself as we will be having 2 cars a vw polo and an optra magnum.is the weather gud at the present state of time .what are the main attractions.also i heard from someone that to reach the great himalayan national park we need a sturdy 4x4.are there any other optiopn to reach there as i dont have an 4x4.where should i stay?

@rkgarg, temperatures have been soaring in the hills these days so days will be sunny in Tirthan too but the nights will be pleasant. I won't say it's the best time but considering it's hot everywhere, why not Tirthan instead, eh?

Yes it's completely safe. Don't miss the narrow cut before Banjar.

To reach GNHP, you can take your cars till the gates and thereon you need to trek inside. For local attractions, visit the waterfall nearby and try your hand at fishing.
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:08 pm

My brother in law returned last night only from Tirthan and he told that it was quite pleasant up there when in shades... Direct sun beats there too, so avoid that and remain in shades of trees, near water/river etc.. They were with Raju Cottage which itself is quite green with loads of trees around.

And that cut is a U-Turn before Banjar while going from Mandi side.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Travel Guides & Articles