List of Good Restaurants in Leh – Ladakh

Share your reviews of Restaurants & Eating Joints in Himalayas with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Re: List of Good Restaurants in Leh – Ladakh

Postby getpackingvinod » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 pm

anshubhatia - if the question is will you get Veg food in Ladakh, the answer is definitely YES. If you are looking for a restaurant that serves only vegetarian, it would be a bit hard to come by. But there are definitely a couple of restaurants serving only veg food
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:08 pm

getpackingvinod wrote:anshubhatia - if the question is will you get Veg food in Ladakh, the answer is definitely YES. If you are looking for a restaurant that serves only vegetarian, it would be a bit hard to come by. But there are definitely a couple of restaurants serving only veg food

+1 to what Vinod bhai said here. Neha snacks in one for sure but that is mostly not main course types. Hence, we will be also interested to know here if you find some on your trip. I am sure it will help others too looking for pure veg. restaurants in Ladakh :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby ravidr » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi all,

Here's my small input about restaurants in Leh.
- We caught a lunch and a dinner at Lamayuru restaurant: as mentioned before, this place is highly recommended. The thukpa is delicious and quite filling too! The other attraction was that we could always find a table while the neighboring Gesmo had a lengthy queue outside even when we reached early!
- The Gesmo is needless to say HIGHLY recommended. We had a fabulous breakfast spread on the first day, their hash browns & mashed potatoes are simply luscious. We managed to snag a table on two nights for dinner, as we were waiting in the cold outside with small children, they were gracious enough to let us in first. The pasta and pizza were wonderful. Don't forget to pack their doughnuts, cookies dripping with butter, and croissants for those road trips outside Leh
- Every third or fourth establishment in Leh seems to call itself a German bakery, so please beware of impostors!
- Another recommended place was Neha's Snacks in the main market area, but the one time we visited we couldn't find a place to sit down as it was too crowded!
And finally, a gem we discovered by chance,
- MY SECRET RECIPE on Upper Thukcha Road, near its junction with Changspa Road, and right opposite WWF India's Field Office in Hemis Complex. This place is easily missed unless you look out for the signboard on a crumbling compound wall. You enter either through the small gate here, or through an alley leading off Changspa road lined with hawkers selling trinkets. Either way you reach a rambling courtyard with a little homely cottage in the centre. The place is run by a group of women with a bright sunny interior. The decor is delightful. Please try all their dishes, although the place is mostly known for its coffee & cakes. The omelettes were yummy, my young daughter swears by their pizza, the spaghetti (vegetable, mushroom variants) was delicious and comforting after returning from long getaways from Leh, and don't forget to wash it all down with their nourishing smoothies!

PS: Please include this place in your list, as the ladies' team deserves a heads-up, and I promise you won't be disappointed!
Enjoy your Ladakh stay!
ravidr

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:15 am

Thank you so much Ravi for introducing us to the new entrant, I have updated the list.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby yadavpreetrai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:18 am

Bhai please update good restaurant in spiti valley too

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
WE TRAVEL NOT TO ESCAPE LIFE, BUT FOR LIFE NOT TO ESCAPE US.
yadavpreetrai
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:30 pm

yadavpreetrai wrote:Bhai please update good restaurant in spiti valley too

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Nice idea but bhai restaurants are not present in Spiti though we can always put some good eating dhabhas or joints in spiti Kinnaur route.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby ravidr » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:38 am

Update on My Secret Recipe restaurant I wrote about earlier. Here are some pics to enable you to get a "flavour" of the place. Enjoy! 8-)

IMAG1023-004.jpg
My daughter ready to place the order
IMAG1023-004.jpg (89.18 KiB) Viewed 2795 times

IMAG1024-005.jpg
Reception area
IMAG1024-005.jpg (101.92 KiB) Viewed 2795 times

IMAG1025-001.jpg
IMAG1025-001.jpg (86.51 KiB) Viewed 2795 times

IMAG1034-002.jpg
Tasteful decor
IMAG1034-002.jpg (64.28 KiB) Viewed 2795 times

IMAG1035-003.jpg
Tip box made of walnut shells
IMAG1035-003.jpg (81.72 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
ravidr

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Ravi, that looks nice
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby pranav26 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:10 am

The food at Maska Chaska Restaurant was pretty awesome! Its near Ladakh Bike Rentals.

Then we tried IL-Forno. The place was buzzing with foreigners. The food was lip-smacking. Just try their IL-Forno Pizza. Its among the best ones I had in my life.

Lastly, we tried the Kashmiri cuisine at Wazwan Restaurant in the main market. The Kashmiri Nan was to die for!
pranav26

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:09 pm

pranav26 wrote:The food at Maska Chaska Restaurant was pretty awesome! Its near Ladakh Bike Rentals.

Then we tried IL-Forno. The place was buzzing with foreigners. The food was lip-smacking. Just try their IL-Forno Pizza. Its among the best ones I had in my life.

Lastly, we tried the Kashmiri cuisine at Wazwan Restaurant in the main market. The Kashmiri Nan was to die for!

Thanks a ton for the update Pranav :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Restaurants & Eating Joints in Himalayas