River View Homestay at Barot

Share your reviews of Hotels, Guest Houses & Home Stays in Rest of Himachal Pradesh with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

River View Homestay at Barot

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Well, on my recent trip to Barot, Himachal Pradesh I stayed at River View Homestay which is just next to the river. The uncle and aunty are both lovely person and cooks decent too. There are 3 rooms built on the first floor with clear view and accessibility of Uhl River in front of the room. It is located on the other side of the bridge on temple road in Barot which falls on the Mandi district. So, you have to go down the road, cross the bridge and then reach the place which is right on road. On the right hand side, you will have the river flowing next to you. The same road leads to the zero point that has the famous haulage trolley.

The beauty of the place along with peace and calm is that home stay falls under Mandi district, river belong to Punjab (of course on lease for the dam) and the opposite bank of river falls under Kangra district :roll: :roll:

Contact Information: Mr Amichand Thakur can be contacted at 09418763841, 09736550312.

Charges: Rs 400 per day in off season , may be Rs 500 - 600 in season time.

Facilities: There is a small TV with DTH Connection in all rooms. All rooms have attached bathroom with western toilets and water heating geysers.
The furniture is quite basic as you expect in a homestay which provides just the level of comfort needed and place is fine to stay even with family in case you are not too particular about comfortable mattresses and beds.

Food: The quality of food served as home cooked food was fine and a kind of homely. You can cook yourself as the shop on the ground floor is where you get it cooked which is a kind of dhabha itself. They serve all three meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and in between if you want you can cook yourself too or can as for anything. The trout is quite famous there, you can even catch and cook or buy and cook :D :D

Overall Experience: It was quite fun & peace staying there. The Uncle & Aunty were quite friendly, supportive and down to earth having good knowledge of the places around Barot too. So, you can ask them and also they can also help you by providing guidance for DoW Causes as well in case you are interested.

These are some pictures from the home stay

dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: River View Homestay at Barot

Postby sany » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Wow, looks amazingly peaceful place with just right amenities one expects from home stays. One should push for homestays than profit monger hotels!
The traveler has only one thing on mind.................NOTHING! Keep Going without bothering how its gonna end....
sany
Wanderer

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:08 pm

sany wrote:One should push for homestays than profit monger hotels!

Very true brother these small homestays and guest houses are a channel where we all can support the locals in Himalayas. Actually, even if you stay at least 40-50% of nights at such places rather just hotels it is something you are contributing at least. So, one can get 50-60% of remaining journey with hotels which can balance out things if you are one of those who love the vacation in total comfort style. But, do share a bit with locals too is what I believe and we all here at DoW which connects each of us together :) :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby aashish2137 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:24 am

Lovely, just like Tirthan :D But a little less isolated. I've heard the fish here is the cherry on the cake. Too bad you couldn't try it :P
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Explorer

Postby DECHAD74 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Dheeraj,

Good going! Thanks for sharing the information for the stay in Barot and I am looking forward for my next Himalayan journey in the laps of these mountains and Uhl river :P

How much time or Km driving is from Barot to Chindi via Rohanda?

Rrgards, Deepak
DECHAD74

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Deepak, welcome to DoW Community !! :) :)

I will soon share other contacts I clicked while roaming around Barot too may be in a separate thread. It was 168 KMs from Barot to Chindi via Sundernagar - Jaidevi - Rohanda Route as I missed the left cut to Chail Chowk from Ner Chowk so had to take the Jaidevi road. Total drive took about 6.5 Hrs and even 6 KMs before Chinid I had to take a U-Turn to Tattapani - Naldhera route after descending from Rohanda BUT I went straight towards Karsog only to realize later what I did :D ... It costed us extra 9 KMs :D
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 pm

aashish2137 wrote:Lovely, just like Tirthan :D But a little less isolated. I've heard the fish here is the cherry on the cake. Too bad you couldn't try it :P

Yes, it is not that secluded being in the village itself but very much worth the peace around. There are ample of walks and vast grounds in the village where you can camp or sit relax, bask in the sun :D
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Rest of Himachal Pradesh