Guys, there is an amazing news to announce and share with all of you... We have decided to go ahead and launch Devil's Den Award for the Hotels or Guest Houses or Home Stays in Himalayas...
We will be awarding a formal Certificate from DoW to these stay options in Himalayas, certifying them as the "Top Most Recommended Stays in Himalayas by DoW." On your visit to these places or stay options, you might see them hanging on their walls as a token of appreciation by our DoW Himalayan Travel Community
So, be assured that if you are going to stay at these Hotels or Guest Houses or Home Stays in Himalayas which are Awarded "Devil's Den" certificate, you will not go wrong in any sense unless something horribly goes wrong especially for you ...
1. How will we evaluate these hotels or guest houses or home stays?
These hotels or guest houses or home stays will be hand picked by the DoW Core Team members and evaluated upon the following aspects:
- The X-Factor: Any special factor that forced DoW Core Team to hand pick a stay option among other available options present in that region.
- At least, couple of DoW Core Team members have experienced, loved and extremely appreciated their stay on these properties in Himalayas. They highly recommend them to others for the enriched experience they had on these stay options in Himalayas.
- Value for money and returns you get out of the money spent while staying at these properties. Like, are they really worth spending the money they charge from travelers in return to the enriched experience they offer.
- Eco/Environment Friendliness: which defines the measures kept and taken by the guys to care about their environment and surroundings with proper disposal mechanism and clean-up drives.
- Hospitality & Love offered by the owners or staff of these stay options.
- Quality of service offered by these stay options.
- Quality of food offered by these stay options.
- To some extent the Location and Views on offer from these stay options.
2. Can Devil's Den Award be given to multiple stay options in same region?
The short answer is "No". The stay option which gets Devil's Den Award will be ONLY ONE in that particular region. For example: Manali, Leh, Tirthan Valley, Pangong Tso, Nubra Valley, Kasol, Kaza, Pin Valley, Narkanda, Nainital, Munsiyari, Binsar, Mukteshwar etc...
3. Where can you find the list of stay options Awarded till date by DoW?
There will be a dedicated Sub-Forum by the name "Devil's Den Awards" under Share Your Himalayan Travel Experience -> Hotels, Guest Houses & Home Stays in Himalayas
We will enlist them under this sub forum with our detailed review, pictures and copy of the award certificate.
4. Is there any expiry of these awards for hotels?
Yes, this award will be provided for a period of 2 years from the date of issue. We will re-issue the award again after 2 years taking all the factors once again and analyzing with other properties who up-sized their standard of services based upon our evaluation criteria.
Sakya Abode - Kaza, Spiti Valley will be awarded our first certificate
cc: @aashish2137, @sany, @nonstopdriver, @getpackingvinod, @akaushik, @MetalHead