Introducing Devil's Den Award

You can read about various important announcements made from the HTC team, in this forum.

Introducing Devil's Den Award

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Devil's Den Award

Guys, there is an amazing news to announce and share with all of you... We have decided to go ahead and launch Devil's Den Award for the Hotels or Guest Houses or Home Stays in Himalayas...

We will be awarding a formal Certificate from DoW to these stay options in Himalayas, certifying them as the "Top Most Recommended Stays in Himalayas by DoW." On your visit to these places or stay options, you might see them hanging on their walls as a token of appreciation by our DoW Himalayan Travel Community :) :)

So, be assured that if you are going to stay at these Hotels or Guest Houses or Home Stays in Himalayas which are Awarded "Devil's Den" certificate, you will not go wrong in any sense unless something horribly goes wrong especially for you :) ...

1. How will we evaluate these hotels or guest houses or home stays?
These hotels or guest houses or home stays will be hand picked by the DoW Core Team members and evaluated upon the following aspects:
  1. The X-Factor: Any special factor that forced DoW Core Team to hand pick a stay option among other available options present in that region.
  2. At least, couple of DoW Core Team members have experienced, loved and extremely appreciated their stay on these properties in Himalayas. They highly recommend them to others for the enriched experience they had on these stay options in Himalayas.
  3. Value for money and returns you get out of the money spent while staying at these properties. Like, are they really worth spending the money they charge from travelers in return to the enriched experience they offer.
  4. Eco/Environment Friendliness: which defines the measures kept and taken by the guys to care about their environment and surroundings with proper disposal mechanism and clean-up drives.
  5. Hospitality & Love offered by the owners or staff of these stay options.
  6. Quality of service offered by these stay options.
  7. Quality of food offered by these stay options.
  8. To some extent the Location and Views on offer from these stay options.

2. Can Devil's Den Award be given to multiple stay options in same region?
The short answer is "No". The stay option which gets Devil's Den Award will be ONLY ONE in that particular region. For example: Manali, Leh, Tirthan Valley, Pangong Tso, Nubra Valley, Kasol, Kaza, Pin Valley, Narkanda, Nainital, Munsiyari, Binsar, Mukteshwar etc...

3. Where can you find the list of stay options Awarded till date by DoW?
There will be a dedicated Sub-Forum by the name "Devil's Den Awards" under Share Your Himalayan Travel Experience -> Hotels, Guest Houses & Home Stays in Himalayas

We will enlist them under this sub forum with our detailed review, pictures and copy of the award certificate.

4. Is there any expiry of these awards for hotels?
Yes, this award will be provided for a period of 2 years from the date of issue. We will re-issue the award again after 2 years taking all the factors once again and analyzing with other properties who up-sized their standard of services based upon our evaluation criteria.

Sakya Abode - Kaza, Spiti Valley will be awarded our first certificate
Sakya-Abode-blue.png
Sakya Abode - Spiti Valley - Award Certificate
Sakya-Abode-blue.png (254.39 KiB) Viewed 2923 times

cc: @aashish2137, @sany, @nonstopdriver, @getpackingvinod, @akaushik, @MetalHead
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: Introducing Devil's Den Award

Postby aashish2137 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Amazing initiative. I hope we are able to provide best information and benefits to our readers and travelers. Indeed there are tons of amazing accommodations in each Himalayan destination that needs to be brought to light. I think this tiny step will go a long way in helping travelers choose the best while on the move.

Three cheers to DoW!
Hip hip hurray! :D
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby sany » Tue May 20, 2014 5:49 pm

WOW, this is just another step ahead for DOW. I am sure this will assure the Devil's that they get the best when they are there, be it views, quality, value for money etc.

Lets bring the true winners forward anytime. However i think we should also continuously monitor the awarded hotels against the other competitors in market to ensure, people who love us get the best no matter what.
The traveler has only one thing on mind.................NOTHING! Keep Going without bothering how its gonna end....
sany
DoW Core Team

Postby ssonde » Tue May 20, 2014 6:24 pm

This is a GREAT idea.

This will lead to a 'Win-Win' situation for both community and hotels/stays, too.

This will not only help DoW community to choose a good accommodation but also make hotels/stays improve their standards to DoW communities expectations.
ssonde
Rookie

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:09 pm

ssonde wrote:This is a GREAT idea.

This will lead to a 'Win-Win' situation for both community and hotels/stays, too.

This will not only help DoW community to choose a good accommodation but also make hotels/stays improve their standards to DoW communities expectations.

Yes, Sharad. Thank you. Idea is to have win-win for all of us including our community, the hotel/guest house guys and above all, the travelers to Himalayas. This will keep things up to the standards + expectations and travelers to these place will gain benefit of competitive advantage from it. First award will be given today or tomorrow to Tsering, Owner of Sakya Abode - Kaza for his exceptional service to the community up there in Spiti and providing these great VFM option to stay in the heart of Spiti. The hospitality and care you get there is just exceptional :) :)

sany wrote:WOW, this is just another step ahead for DOW. I am sure this will assure the Devil's that they get the best when they are there, be it views, quality, value for money etc.

Lets bring the true winners forward anytime. However i think we should also continuously monitor the awarded hotels against the other competitors in market to ensure, people who love us get the best no matter what.

Yeah Sany bhai !! I will say this will help all of us in long term and as you know we all travelers have huge expectations from this initiative from DoW :) ... I have added the expiry time of the certificate in the FAQs. So, it will be given for 2 years and then re-assessed.

aashish2137 wrote:Amazing initiative. I hope we are able to provide best information and benefits to our readers and travelers. Indeed there are tons of amazing accommodations in each Himalayan destination that needs to be brought to light. I think this tiny step will go a long way in helping travelers choose the best while on the move.

Three cheers to DoW!
Hip hip hurray! :D

Thank you bhai and the core team for all the inputs and as always it is a great initiative from al of us to bridge the gaps and confusions in terms of stays for all the travelers to Himalayas...
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby MetalHead » Tue May 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Bro! This is a marvelous move from DOW and for DOW. This is really going to help those people who not only want to go to different places but also want to keep their pockets safe from getting a hole.

I just have one more suggestion to add on to that evaluation list, if you all think is suitable. If there could be one more point added to the list based on

"Eco/Environment Friendly Hotel/Guesthouse/Resort/Homestay".

I mean hotel, which is not only keeping it's accommodation clean but the outside surrounding area as well. The one who is disposing the waste properly(without burning it). The one who is planting more trees around it's property(which will promote greenery).

Obviously, any hotel cant fulfill all of these, my suggested, criteria but some of them can be kept as a benchmark. Just a suggestion from my end.

Otherwise, it's a very good move from DOW.
MetalHead
Tripper

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:19 pm

Awesome Suggestion Vibhu Bhai !!! Thank you very much for bringing it up. I will add it right up there and it will help the push from our end as well as will keep the properties on top of what they should return to the environment and do from their end to keep it alive forever !!

100% agree and should be right there... Added !!
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby NonStopDriver » Wed May 21, 2014 12:11 pm

This what I call By Travellers, For Travellers. Unlike others getting into profit making by recommending places, this is a great idea to let fellow travellers make their decision on stay options as well as helping the local community.

Great job!
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Return to Announcements