Launch, Focus and Vision | DoW - Himalayan Travel Community

You can read about various important announcements made from the HTC team, in this forum.

Launch, Focus and Vision | DoW - Himalayan Travel Community

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:47 pm

It's June 1st 2013 and it is time for a public launch of the DoW - Himalayan Travel Community.

After getting repeated large number of queries or requests on DoW Blog regarding Travel Itinerary Advice, Travel Partners, Sharing Travel Tales, Queries for Stay Options, Talking Travel etc., I thought of transforming the information spread across my blog to be used in a common platform i.e. a Community of like minded people or travelers who are interested in Traveling to Himalayas.

The community will provide us the platform where people or travelers from all walks of life and location:
  1. Can ask or reply to queries related to traveling to Himalayas as Itinerary advice or tour plans and help each other.
  2. Can find or meet other like minded travelers for traveling to Himalayas and share their journey as well as cost of taxis, hotels etc.
  3. Can read, learn and share more information and articles about traveling to Himalayas.
  4. Can share their own Himalayan Travel experiences in the form Travel Tales, Reviews of Stay Options or Eating Joints in Himalayas or read/know about other traveler's experiences in the community.
  5. Can know or share about various kinds of travel news and updates for traveling to Himalayas including Roads Status and Road conditions across various parts of Himalayas.
  6. And many more things in the coming years...

The Focus of the DoW - Himalayan Travel Community is to create a travel community around Himalayas where travelers/tourists from various parts of the world can collaborate to share their Himalayan knowledge and experiences with each other. People can collaborate to find partners for their respective travels which increases their safety measures along with sharing and saving the cost of travel too. Finally, people can educate each others for Traveling to Himalayas and thereby get much more closer to them to travel with a difference!!

The Vision of this long running initiative and noble community is to help the people of Himalayas grow in their own sense and space by promoting different forms of social causes among fellow travelers to Himalayas !! To make it simple, the vision is to do something or the other that benefits the lives of Himalayan people and Himalayas

As an example, we as a community can educate each other to travel or to trek into various parts of Himalayas by connecting right local people (NOT agents) with each other such as local guides, porters, drivers, home stays, small but clean guest houses etc. so that a family or lives belonging to remote/tribal parts of Himalayas gets the actual benefit rather a middle-men who do not even care for the effort put in by the porter and reaps all the butter out of bread from him!! There can be other examples too and it is just one.

Together, let's help each other to "Travel with a Difference" in Himalayas !!

Please spare five minutes and check more details regarding one of such social initiative from DoW at: DoW - Causes | A Step Towards Responsible Travel

PS: Do Not forget to read the Community Rules AND Terms of Use if you haven't yet, because by using and registering on the site you have agreed to abide by them.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: Focus and Vision | DoW - Himalayan Travel Community

Postby rover » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Wishing Team HTC miles n miles of sucess.
rover

Re: Launch, Focus and Vision | DoW - Himalayan Travel Commun

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Rover very warm welcome to HTC !! :) :)

Looking forward to your experiences over Traveling to Himalayas!!
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby aashish2137 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Amazing initiative Dheeraj.

My best wishes to you and the DOW family! I hope to see myself contributing to the community as much as I can.
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby sany » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Wish you all the luck and support for this endeavor brother. The difference shall certainly be made with DOW as a unique platform for sharing details of the deserving people in the remote Himalaya's. Lets unite and make a little change for them in all means possible from our end.

Thank you for bringing us to DOW!
The traveler has only one thing on mind.................NOTHING! Keep Going without bothering how its gonna end....
sany
DoW Core Team

Postby sp_tanna » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:55 pm

congratulations and best wishes, dheeraj.
this is the step for what i was waiting for.
thanks a lot.
sp_tanna

Postby Mandeep singh » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:05 am

Congratulations...pleased to know about this website....your forums and fb page helped us a lot to plan our trip....leaving on 4th june...will surely keep you updated...cheers..!!!
Mandeep singh

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:17 am

aashish2137 wrote:Amazing initiative Dheeraj.

My best wishes to you and the DOW family! I hope to see myself contributing to the community as much as I can.

Aashish, thanks alot brother!! I am sure you are surely gonna be core part of our DoW HTC Family with your great Himalayan Travel experience that will help numerous others seeking inputs on their Travel!!

Looking forward to your complete support!!

Very warm welcome to the DoW Family :) :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:21 am

sany wrote:Wish you all the luck and support for this endeavor brother. The difference shall certainly be made with DOW as a unique platform for sharing details of the deserving people in the remote Himalaya's. Lets unite and make a little change for them in all means possible from our end.

Thank you for bringing us to DOW!

Sany Bhai!! Thanks alot !! :) :)

I am sure together we all will certainly create a difference in the way people Travel to Himalayas in time to come. Your vast experience would go a long way in realizing the success and vision of our DoW Family, Welcome Aboard!!
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:24 am

sp_tanna wrote:congratulations and best wishes, dheeraj.
this is the step for what i was waiting for.
thanks a lot.

sp_tanna, thanks tone and very warm welcome to DoW HTC Family!! :) :)

We certainly look forward to your support and contributions for the success of this common information sharing platform of Himalayan Travel.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Next

Return to Announcements