Working towards these lines, today we are pleased to roll out the DoW Travel Calendar for finding Travel Partners, creating other DoW events such as workshops, meets, tours etc ... With DoW Travel Calendar rolled out now, you can quickly & easily check out the whole month at a glance to see if any other Travel Partners have posted their queries and are looking for partners. So, with just one glance, you will get all threads where other members are looking for travel partners on dates similar to your dates.
The DoW Travel Calendar just displays the Start Date of the event or Travel Partner request posted by members in the Travel Partners forum. One can click on the date they are interested in and they will be taken to the event's details page where summary will be posted for such events along with the link to the original thread. Members who are interested can then start posting their replies in the main thread and get in touch with the members.
Just keep in mind that to avoid clutter, only Start Date is mentioned. So, if your own travel date is nearby those dates Highlighted in the Calendar, then open the event to know more details, may be you will get the match appropriate for yourself.
I will try to explain below the step by step process for both starting a Travel Partner Thread and Searching the Travel Partners for yourself so that chances of finding one increase by some levels.
- Member posts a request as New Topic in respective Travel Partners forum.
- One of the member from the Moderation Team or DoW - Adventure Club will create an event in DoW Travel Calendar for that query mentioning the Start Date and summary in the event details.
- Different types of events have different color schemes. Example: DoW Tours have Red Color, Ladakh Travel Partners have Blue color etc.
- Any member can Open the Calendar by clicking the "Calendar" link present at right most corner of top buttons bar
OR one can use "Calendar for Travel Partners" link in the Travel Partners forum
- Members can look for the start dates which are closer to the start dates of their own Travel.
- Once a member find any adjoining dates already present in the Calendar, they can read details and if interested, can post the replies directly in the main threads to get connected with other Travel Partners.
- If interested for future updates, you can click on "Watch the Calendar" link at the bottom of the Calendar to get notified for any events created for DoW Travel Calendar
Other Event Types | DoW Tours, Meets, Workshops
Apart from finding the Travel Partners, we will be using DoW Travel Calendar to post events of all our DoW Tours, Meets & Workshops. In these events, members of our community will be able to register themselves as "Yes", "No" OR "May Be" and see other members who are joining in for such tours, meets and workshops. This way all our DoW events will be centrally placed in organized form.
The travel Calendar will also host the Birthday's of all members of our community if they have filled it in their profiles. So, if you wish to greet any of the fellow travelers on his/her B;day, it is fairly easy task now to remember them visually
Hope the DoW Travel Calendar will prove fruitful for the community in various expected forms and above all benefit the members to find respective Travel Partners quickly and easily ...
Note: Calendar will be updated for all the queries posted in Travel Partners forum for August'13 and September'13 before 30th July. All future topics will be posted in the Calendar as and when they arrive by members of DoW team.