If you found above article useful, then PLEASE stay connected with us on Facebook or Twitter or Email Subscription for any travel queries or travel updates / tips / news / guides on Traveling to Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Kashmir and other parts of Himalayas. Travel, off the road with us...
Vaishno Devi Helicopter Services | Online Ticketing Starts and Fare Reduced
Tickets for the helicopter services running on Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra section for Mata Vaishno Devi can now be booked online. Further the fare has also been reduced from Rs 1,225 per passenger to Rs 699 per passenger from April 1, 2011. After confirming the ticket online you need to carry a valid identity proof such as PAN card, voter ID card, driving license, passport etc. I guess this will certainly help a lot more people (mainly physically challenged / unfit or old aged) to visit the holy place and surely is a very warm and welcome step by the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB). Thanks to them for the same as perhaps now my parents can also try to attempt this divine pilgrimage.
You can use the following links to book your online tickets for Helicopter services of Mata Vaishno Devi -
- 1. Fare increased to Rs 1039/- one way and Rs 2078/- to and fro from 01.04.14 as compared to Rs 800
2. Pawan Hans will no more operate from 01.04.14 , the contract is given to Himalyan Heli Services . from 01.04.14 Global & Himalyan will operate.
- 3. For a new date reservation starts at 10.00 AM sharp instead of 00.00 hrs earlier.
- 4. Cancellation of helicopter tickets is allowed now and it can be done till 7 days in advance and 50% amount is refunded.
- 5. Online Yatra parchi is now free of cost ( earlier it was at Rs 50/-) and about 15000 parchies are open for booking everyday.
Read More Below:
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) today launched an online reservation service for the pilgrims who availed of the helicopter service on the Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra sector.
Briefing Governor NN Vohra, who is the Chairman of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, RK Goyal, CEO of the shrine board, said after pursuing a transparent bidding process the one-way passenger fare for the helicopter travel between Katra and Sanjichhat had come down from Rs 1,225 per passenger to Rs 699 per passenger from April 1 this year.
Expressing satisfaction over the significant reduction in the helicopter fares, the Governor hoped that a large number of senior citizens and physically challenged pilgrims would get an opportunity to avail of this facility, considering that the helicopter service was now available at a reasonable price. He called for an effective day-to-day monitoring of the helicopter operations.
Goyal stated that for the convenience of the pilgrims the board had further streamlined the procedure for ticketing of the helicopter services on the Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra sector.
He added that the passengers, who wished to avail of the helicopter services, could log on to the shrine board’s website (www.maavaishnodevi.org) and confirm an e-ticket after making the required payment.
The yatris could also avail of the on-line ticketing facility through the website of the two helicopter operators, viz, Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd ( https://www.pawanhans.co.in ) and Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd (http://www.onlineglobalhelicorp.com ).
Dr Mandeep Bhandari, Additional CEO of the board, clarified that a pilgrim possessing an e-ticket must carry a valid proof of his or her identity like a passport, PAN card, voter ID card, driving license etc., which bore the name and other particulars of the pilgrim to secure a hassle-free access to the heliports at Katra and Sanjichhat.
He advised all pilgrims, who intended to avail of the helicopter services, to secure a confirmed ticket before finalizing their travel plans.
Source: e-ticketing for helicopter services to Sanjichhat begins
Leave a Comment
NOTE: All Comments are subject of Moderation. Your Comment won't be visible until approved by Admin, therefore only post the comment once. Posting irrelevant/obscene content links/material in comments, and hate words usage may ban you from any future comment posting.
Share this article
- Tweet this!
- Digg it!
- Add to Delicious!
- Share on Facebook!
- Share on Reddit!
- Stumble it
- Add to Technorati
- Subscribe by RSS
CURRENT Road Status 2014
- Shimla - Kinnaur - Kaza Road Status 2014
- Manali - Leh Road Status 2014
- Srinagar - Leh Road Status 2014
- Manali - Rohtang Pass Road Status 2014
- Kargil - Penzi La - Padum Road Status 2014
- Manali - Kunzum Pass - Kaza Road Status 2014
- Keylong - Kunzum Pass - Kaza Road Status 2014
Sponsors / Affiliates / Advertisements
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- Khushi: hello sir, I m khushi 4rm mumbai. I n my colg frndz hav pla…
- Dheeraj Sharma: You are two only and private taxis are very costly in Leh bu…
- Jery: Hi Dheeraj How easy is to get shared taxi's ? As we are a…
- Dheeraj Sharma: Jerry, I will suggest you to take it easy and plan first 6 d…
- Dheeraj Sharma: Sholden, thank you so much for all the appreciation, good to…
- Jery: Hi Diraj, How do you think we could have planned differen…
- Dheeraj Sharma: Jerry, this looks quite fine to me but please keep in mind t…
- Dheeraj Sharma: Best wishes for the trip to Prashar Lake, Nitin :) …
- Dheeraj Sharma: Rakhi, that is fine but how many days do you have in hand an…
- Dheeraj Sharma: Thank you so much Rakhi, good to know that information avail…