DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Trip to Rajgarh(Sirmour) 25th Dec 2013

• MetalHead on #21922

I am delighted to start my 1st log on DOW.

I have two logs pending to be shared on DOW. I will start with the latest one for most of the pics from previous one, I have already shared on FB.

Infection of travelling is very bad at times as it creates feuds in the family members ;). However, a true traveler always conquers such hurdles :D.

What was the cause to invoke the infection this time? 1. Unused holidays staring at me from the system to be consumed 2. A pilgrimage trip at New Year (which is not bad). But for me, trip to Himalayas, even for two days, is a pilgrimage trip and it does satiate my infection. So I told my wife that I need to visit a new place and obviously it should be Himalayas only. Many places were put on table to be agreed upon like :- Palampur, Manali, Auli, J&K, Nainital. But due to one or the other reason they were all discarded.

Finally, it was Rajgarh in Sirmour district. I personally believe, it is still a less explored area which I believed only when I was reading about it and went there. At times we miss the beauty which is near to us and we go far away to look for it. Of course every place has its own beauty.

So, coming back to the trip, there were not many options to stay but 1 good resort owned and managed by an ex-army men. He lives in Gurgaon only. I negotiated prices with him for a Hut and booked cab for the trip. We planned to leave on 25th Dec morning at 4am. But this time and for the first time I missed to meet the deadline because I did not have mobile near to me :( and we left at around 6:30am. In half-n-hr by 7am we were at the flyover loop road going towards border. As per google map the distance to resort from Noida is of 6hrs but in reality we reached there in 10hrs.

The first stop was at Oasis for Tea and B’fast, however the Tea there was not as good as our tongue was craving for, so we moved on and stopped at a Dhabha beyond Ambala. Driver had his B’fast there and we had our Tea. We had our sandwiches in the car only. It was obviously cold there not to mention. After we were done with morning Tea and B’fast we did not stopped upto Kumarhatti before Solan. We took right turn from Kumarhatti and took road going towards Onchaghat. The road is in bad condition let me tell you. Albeit, it is a MDR but still in bad shape. There are no potholes but it is under construction state and gave us a bumpy ride. Some patches are smooth as the road is Tarmac. We kept on moving and stopped at a village for the lunch as it was already 1pm, also the kiddo was hungry.

We had paronthas which were droolicious and I could not resist having them with butter :D . Locals were very decent which I really wanted to see. After sumptuous lunch we moved on looking at watch as to how much more time it will take to reach resort. I just kept looking at the mountains during that bumpy ride and started imagining that how much we human beings take from nature and give so much less in return. All the mountains are going bald. At some of the mountains there are barely any trees and some have patches of trees. How do we expect nature to give us everything all the time? Isn’t it our duty to save nature and give it in return? For me, personally, it was a painful site to gaze at those bald mountains.

Anyways, by 4 or 4:15pm we were at the main gate of the resort. A guy came and opened the door. There is only 1 room occupied by a couple. We choose for the hut which is at a lower height and have no view. We went to the area where rooms are available and at some height with good views and finalized with that instead.

Pictures to be followed soon…….

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #31166

Vibhu, what a detailed start to the log… Thanks for putting it up for us !!

Very true, Sirmaur is quite near and yet we haven’t been able to get around it quite so well. This year, I will surely gonna explore it to much of greater extent with my family… And I am sure Rajgarh will be the starting point for it, so eagerly waiting for the updates.

Yeah indeed it is painful exercise to see such demolition and deforestation ruining our mother nature. Not sure what we humans are upto. When we meet I will share my experience in detail about the afforestation know-how which we got from one of the Baba living high up at an aashram at Sattal. It was an eye opener what is going around and well, I can only feel pity hearing that

And in the end, what you have said below, I can’t agree more with you as I am currently running over it tonight itself. :mrgreen:

Infection of travelling is very bad at times as it creates feuds in the family members ;). However, a true traveler always conquers such hurdles :D.

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2942
    aashish2137 on #31167

I read the title and think.. one wouldn’t head to Rajgarh unless one wants to take the road less traveled! Looking forward to more details 👿

Participant
    Replies: 739
    sany on #31168

WOW …..this is just so detailed….didnt expect one to go in such details. You have done a mind blowing job…and i am sure the road less travelled after this log will be one much adored!

Anonymous on #31169

Thanks Brothers for all your comments……Now, will share some photos.

Anonymous on #31170

These are the photos so far…….

This is when we had our morning tea after crossing Ambala
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0001008.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0002009.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

These are the first view of snow peaks of Himalayas….I was glad :D
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0005012.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0006013.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0008015.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0010017.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

This is from another stop before reaching the resort.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0011018.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0014021.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0016023.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

This is an accommodation. So I clicked, in case you want to update the stay options.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0020027.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0021028.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

After reaching the resort.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0023030.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

The claim is not accurate. It was not 7kft.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0025032.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

The first options we had chosen. But there was no view.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0026033.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

View just from the outside of room.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0029036.JPG[/attachment:fgb4eo5l]

Anonymous on #31171

Views captured from different angle’s
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0030037.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

This is the actual view from room.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0032039.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

The Resort area.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0033040.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

Kiddie looking at Ducks
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0034041.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

Road to Happiness
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0039046.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

This is the library room
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0041048.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

Sun is about to set.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0042049.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

White going Gold now.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0043050.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

Green, Brown and White
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0044051.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

About to turn complete Gold
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0046053.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

The Tree line and colours…….Vistas were amazing.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0047054.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

The other side
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0049056.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0050057.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

Final view of the day.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0051058.JPG[/attachment:12relphm]

Participant
    Replies: 739
    sany on #31172

WOW such amazing capture….what a serene place so tranquill………….Vibhu bhai…do you have pics of huts from inside as they loook so romantic from outside…..lolz…..

seriously we head for miles and miles far to search for beauty while the beauty lies right in front of us……you have surely given people a new place to go on weekends.

Replies: 2942
    aashish2137 on #31173

The property looks lovely. Btw, that trek to Churdhar board got me hooked. :mrgreen:

Anonymous on #31174

@sany wrote:

WOW such amazing capture….what a serene place so tranquill………….Vibhu bhai…do you have pics of huts from inside as they loook so romantic from outside…..lolz…..

seriously we head for miles and miles far to search for beauty while the beauty lies right in front of us……you have surely given people a new place to go on weekends.

Thanks Sany Bhai!
    No bhai, I did not have any pic from inside of these huts :(

I think we really need to explore some more places which are near but we have not explored yet and are good for weekends. And then we can put them on our site for other travellers. say what?

Anonymous on #31175

@aashish2137 wrote:

The property looks lovely. Btw, that trek to Churdhar board got me hooked. :mrgreen:

Looking at the place, so desolated, the facalities provided at this resort, are remarkable. Must place to visit for some tranqualised time. I have heard the trek is good.

I have seen photos of the trek from Ankush Sharma on BCMT and it looks good.

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #31176

Vibhu, bhai this has come out fantastic, pictures are lovely and so looks the property too. I was wondering where to spend a weekend with the family next winters and that too not too far and here I go to have the option. Feel when it is snows around, it will be nice experience, so will plan something in Jan-Feb next year for sure or who knows may be Churdhar is enticing some day much soon ;) … Thanks for sharing the details with us …

Also, will be good to mention in a brief, may be same content as breif in our Sticky Thread: Weekend Trips from Delhi as the place seriously deserve it :)

Anonymous on #31177

@dheerajsharma14 wrote:

Vibhu, bhai this has come out fantastic, pictures are lovely and so looks the property too. I was wondering where to spend a weekend with the family next winters and that too not too far and here I go to have the option. Feel when it is snows around, it will be nice experience, so will plan something in Jan-Feb next year for sure or who knows may be Churdhar is enticing some day much soon ;) … Thanks for sharing the details with us …

Also, will be good to mention in a brief, may be same content as breif in our Sticky Thread: Weekend Trips from Delhi as the place seriously deserve it :)

Thanks Bro! Surely, the place deserve to be a weekend place.

I know I am delayed in continuing. Tomorrow morning hopefully will be next update.
    Firangs in the office this week and meetings and PPT’s and Dinner’s…..Uff too much

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #31178

ha ha ha, I understand. Yesterday itself I went at 3 AM from office in scary + crazy fog conditions :mrgreen:

Anonymous on #31179

Apologize for the delay

Day 25th Dec continued….

After settling down in the room after looking at the property we were convinced that we are in good hands. Not to mention the staff is very generous and soft spoken. We ordered some tea to rekindle ourselves with the fantastic view which I have shared above. Without delaying we covered the kid as much as possible for as the sun was setting it was getting colder and chillier. The moment the staff was getting tea in minutes it was getting cold. We had three teas then Ha….

The guy then asked when you would like to eat and what would you like to eat. We said we will just have hot food for the kid in the Dining Room itself and we will eat whatever we have. So, while having three tea’s in the porch, it was almost sunset. We were tired and wanted to eat soon so that we hit the bed early.

By 7pm we went to Dining Room and ordered hot food for kid. The walk from room to dining room itself was freezing. The other couple was watching TV in the dining room and we also sat there had fed the kid. Went back to the room to prepare cuppa noodles. Meanwhile the helper prepared Bon-Fire for us beside the room which was surprise. After eating noodles we spent some good time near the Bon-Fire which was a big relief. And after that we hit the bed.

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0055062.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

In the Dining Room.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0056063.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

Bon-Fire beside the room.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0059066.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

Very good arrangement.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0062069.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

Day 26th Dec….

I got up at 6:30am to catch the sunrise, which I as usual never want to miss, no matter how tired I am. Indeed it was bitter cold but then “You Have To Fight The Cold To See The First Light Of Heat”. I stepped out after covering myself completely. One should never try to become hero in these kinda situation by not wearing enough clothes. After making some beautiful pictures, I thought of going for a morning stroll. Wify and Kid were sleeping so did not want to disturb then, plus the place was safe. So, I picked my camera and went was a small stroll for breath in the fresh cold air and get some beautiful scenes.

First click of the day.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0082082.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

The property.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0084084.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

Waiting for the Sunrise in the cold.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0086086.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

Eagerly waiting for the Sunrise. Shifting position
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0087087.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0088088.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

The small white structure at the top is a house from where kids come down to go to school in this bitter cold.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0089089.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

Room from inside.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0090090.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

First rays of the day. My visit was somewhat complete when I witnessed this.
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0091091.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0094093.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtDSC_0095094.JPG[/attachment:1jgh51h1]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Trip to Rajgarh(Sirmour) 25th Dec 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend