DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Tips for Carrying Clothes for Leh – Ladakh Trip

• dheerajsharma14 on #21753

I will try to enlist below some tips on packing your Clothing for Ladakh trip in the start of season (April End to June) and end of season (mid-September to mid October) because both these windows have some winter or cold conditions up there in Ladakh or Trans Himalayas. Hence, once shall be prepared with clothing when visiting trans Himalayan places in these time windows. July – August are considered to be pleasant and light woolens mostly do the job for you.

Read the complete article at the DoW Blog link: Tips for Carrying Clothes for Ladakh Trip

Clothes for Leh – Ladakh Trip

Feel free to ask any queries as replies to this topic. In order to keep the information organized and benefit other fellow travelers as well from your queries, I will request you to please post your replies and queries in the forum topic only NOT as blog comments in these reference links.

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 13
    sahil salim on #29311

will reach delhi on 20th…….. wanna buy the woolens from there……………….
    have no idea about the cost or shops. bhai help needed……………

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #29312

Sahil bhai, Gopinath Baazar Army Cantt is the best place to get them in case you gonna use them for only the trips to Himalayas :) There are couple of shops there and I will provide all the details for it and you can check them.

Do get couple of pairs of thermal inners, woolen cap, gloves may not be required but still get them, couple of pairs of woolen socks and a jacket. Siddharth in the meet suggested that there are army type woolen jackets available which he used for the entire trip and are not that costly too.

Participant
    sahil salim on #29313

@dheerajsharma14 wrote:

Sahil bhai, Gopinath Baazar Army Cantt is the best place to get them in case you gonna use them for only the trips to Himalayas :) There are couple of shops there and I will provide all the details for it and you can check them.

Do get couple of pairs of thermal inners, woolen cap, gloves may not be required but still get them, couple of pairs of woolen socks and a jacket. Siddharth in the meet suggested that there are army type woolen jackets available which he used for the entire trip and are not that costly too.

thank u bhai…………….
    and what about the footwears……….. need to buy any special footwears for the trip……………….

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #29314

Sahil, not really needed though you will get some really good army shoes too up there in Gopinath Baazar of all quality and prices. Some are very light too.

Anonymous on #29315

Good tips for visiting Ladakh in India. Last month I visited to Delhi for some work. I visited some places near to Delhi. The Ladakh is one of them. It’s really a wonderful place in India. The people are really good. The Indian traditions is always eye catching to me and my family. Thank for this tips. I would definitely remember next time when I visit to Ladakh.

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #29316

Peter, welcome to DoW Community !!

Yeah, Ladakh is one of the best places in India in terms of landscapes as well as lovely people over there. You can find loads of info. in the DoW Community & Blogs for making a successful as well as memorable trip to Ladakh. And please feel free to post any queries as well in the Itinerary Advice section :)

Participant
    sahil salim on #29317

got a pair of inners, woolen socks, gloves,and cap from trivandrum itself…. little costly here………
    confused with woolen jacket type….. bhai we need heavy ones????

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #29318

Sahil, yes, we will need heavy jacketc

Participant
    Replies: 22
    pskashikar000 on #29319

Hi Dheeraj
    Travelling 2-Sep to 9-Sep to Ladakh.
    Do I need to carry heavy woollens? Is winter jacket necessary or a regular thin windshitter with thermal inners is sufficient? Woollen caps,socks,gloves??

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #29320

I always carry a light jacket and a heavy jacket with me because in a place like Ladakh, you never know when weather can turn up or you never know when you need extra warmth. It is peak summers – rains now and Khardung La received quite a snowfall in last couple of days, so those who might be carrying just a light jacket would be in state of despair at such an altitude. Hence, always good to have something down in your bag rather than repenting.

Gloves will not be required, cap & woolen socks can be carried only as backup.

Participant
    Replies: 18
    yogesh on #29321

Hi Dheeraj,

We are leaving on 26th sep Manali Leh trip as discussed over itinerary section and It has been finalized so can you please advice me where we can get some woolen clothes at this time in Delhi. In your previous post you have mentioned the Gopi Nath Bazar army cantt for some kind of nice stuff, is that open throughout the year or would you suggest any more within Delhi based on type of clothes ?

We need :
    Pairs of woolen socks,
    Army shoes,
    Heavy Woolen jacket,
    Raincoat OR Windcheater ?
    Gloves.

Please guide us :?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #29322

This should be available in Gopinath Bazaar in Delhi Cantt.

Participant
    Replies: 18
    yogesh on #29323

@dheerajsharma14 wrote:

This should be available in Gopinath Bazaar in Delhi Cantt.

Thank you Dheeraj ji.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Tips for Carrying Clothes for Leh – Ladakh Trip’ is closed to new replies.

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend