DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Spiti in March 2018

• vinodlovessnow on #25340

Hi All,

I joined today in DoW community and already got all the information needed to plan a bike trip to Spiti in March 2018. ;)

About myself: — I am Vinod from Hyderabad who believes in “Live to Ride and Ride to Live”. Been a rider and driver since past 10 years. I usually do solo trips and covered most parts of India.

Today, I am happy to have joined DoW community where there are liked minded, passion-ed, enthusiastic people. This forum already gave me enough information, tips, suggestions, precautions about any trip to Himalayas. I am grateful to be a part of this community as I can gain immense knowledge from co-travelers on many aspects and share my few cents.

Please see below my itinerary and kindly advice on any thing that I am missing on Spiti Valley road trip in March 2018. I am taking Shimla-rampur-kalpa-kaza road as the other one will be closed.

10 March – I will arrive in Delhi on 10th March by 1730 and Reach Chandigarh by night.

11 March – Renting an RE from Chandigarh around 0900. Chandigarh – Shimla – Narkanda before sunsets

12 March – Narkanda – Kalpa

13 March – Kalpa – Kaza and rest

14 March – Explore and stay in Key Monastery

15 March – Start back from Kaza – Kalpa and rest

16 March – Kalpa – Reach Chandigarh back

17 March – Reach Delhi – Rest

18 March – Board flight at 0730 to Hyderabad

End of trip

Any suggestions are of a great help regarding stay, change of stops, or anything.

Also do let me know of anyone is travelling during the same period.

Thanks

Vinod

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #63041

Hi Vinod, you must already be on your trip now.. apologies for not seeing this earlier, hope you’re having a wonderful time :)

not commenting on itinerary since you are already on trip :)

Participant
    Replies: 6
    nikhil031 on #63042

Hi vinod, We are planning a trip to spiti in April. Could you please tell if we can find snow in april and if the below itinerary seems ok, We are 5 people traveling from 7-15 April

Day 1. Delhi to Narkanda (journey starts @ 6 am) stay at Narkanda

Day 2. Narkanda to sanga (stay at sangla)

Day 3. Sangla to chitkul and back to sangla for overnight stay.

Day 4. Sangla to Nako lake – gue – tabo. ( overnight stay at Tabo)

Day 5. Tabo to Dhankar – Kaza ( Overnight stay in kaza)

Day 6. Kaza to Ki- Kibber- chicham – komic village – Langza (back to kaza for overnight stay)

Day 7. Kaza to kalpa (overnight stay at kalpa)

Day 8. Kalpa to shimla (overnight stay at shimla)

Day 9. Shimla to delhi ..

Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #63040

Well, the situation currently is that snow spells are coming to an end, Since you are leaving in about a week’s time, you could be lucky to find some snow in Chitkul or may be Kalpa or higher reaches of Kaza.

your itinerary is ok given the number of days. Day 4 will be long. If it gets too long, you could stay at Nako, and next day Nako -Geyu – Tabo – Dhangkar – Kaza

Day 7 is also going to be a very loooong one, so leave Kaza very early in the morning. Or else, previous evening itself, instead of staying in Kaza, you can move to Tabo (it is only 45 kms)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Spiti in March 2018
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend