DoW Himalayan Travel Community

May 2018 – Trip to Spiti

• Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4
    Snehamayee on #65450

Hi
    After asking here at DoW – we finally did the Spiti circuit last week and came back only yesterday…
    This trip was planned after reading a lot on DoW .. so thank you Dheeraj and Others

24 May – Mumbai to Delhi with 6 PM Indigo flight and then move on to Chandigarh via train
    25 May– Reached Chandigarh at 8 AM , started for Kalpa , broke the journey in between at Jhakdi. Stayed at hotel Mahesh, Its an adequate stay for one night
    26 May– Jhakdi to Tabo via a quick stop at Nako. Stayed at hotel Snow lion – a good hotel with a nice view
    27 May– Tabo to Pin Valley , stayed at Gulling with Tandup Homestay – I heartily recommend the homestay.
    28 May– stayed at pin valley – visited the river bed with Mr Tandups 4X4 , took ride upto Mudh and the a drive up in the pin valley national park to see the formations
    29 May– went to Kaza via Damul – enjoyed excellent vistas – stayed in kaza
    30 May– went to hikkim/Langza and then back to Kaza
    31 May– went from Kaza to Chandratal via Key-kibber- chicham bridge – losar- kunzum pass and then chandrtal …. Stayed at Parasol camps – again will recommend heartily. But in hindsight , I would have reduced a day Kaza and then stopped at losar. It was a long drive that day
    1 June – Chandratal to Manali via Rohtang – we stayed in Naggar and wasted 3-4 hours in traffic – in hind sight I would have stayed at Solnag Valley

2 June – relaxed in Manali – did the para gliding etc with my Kid
    3 June – Moved to Kullu and post a quick river rafting session – moved to Chandigarh – another long day on hind sight I would have started back on 2nd June and then stayed in Mandi on 2nd night
    4 June – Took the flight back from Chandigarh to Mumbai

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #65455

Glad to know that you had a nice trip Snehamayee.. would be happy to listen to your story and see your pictures. Please post them in the travel tale section

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #65489

Welcome back, wonderful to know that you had a nice trip to Spiti Valley and that drive would have been wonderful from Pin Valley to Demul. do treat us with some pictures if possible 🙂

Also, do you have the pictures and contact details of Tandup Homestay at Gulling?

Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4
    Snehamayee on #65512

Yes Dheeraj and Vinod
    Will work on a travel update and share as soon as the work pressure becomes a bit manageable.Please bear with me till then. Will share details for tandup homestay also

2 users thanked author for this post.

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #65640

No problems, please take your time 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: May 2018 – Trip to Spiti
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend