DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Manali – Tso Moriri – Pangong Tso- Shyok – Nubra

Posted In: Itinerary Advice

• Nilesh Kharote on #65467

Hi, please suggest if we travel from Pang – Debring -sumdo – Tosmoriri and after a halt at Tosmoriri , we drive towards Panganso via Chushul do we require any permit If we are using a bike.
    Dates: 12 Jun to 15 Jun
    Also suggest if route of Pangong Tso to Nubra via Shyok is open now.
    Which are the locations where there is fuel pump or we can get canned fuel from Sarchu – Tos Moriri – Pangong Tso – Shyok – Hunder. Is it possible to do such route.
    Your inputs are valuable. Thanks in Advance.

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #65469

As replied on facebook (posting it here also for benefit of others)

Hi Nilesh, Im assuming you are riding /driving from Manali side. That early in the trip you’ll not be acclimatized to spend the night at Tso moriri. Also, permit is required to visit nubra valley, Pangong Tso and Tso moriri, which is available only from Leh. Even if you apply online, you need to pay the fee and get it stamped from Leh. So this won’t be possible.

Hunder to Pangong Tso via agham shyok is always open. Check the conditions with locals and go in a group so that you can help each other. If stranded alone, help will be very hard to come by.

No fuel pumps in the route mentioned. After tandi, nothing in Tso moriri, or Pangong Tso. There’s a fuel pump in Deskit . Fuel will be available in black at Tso moriri and Pangong Tso, but you know the quality!!

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #65486

+1 to what Vinod bhai has recommended

Prajval Baglodi on #65825

My query is I have generated online permit, will be getting stamped once I reach Leh. Problem is I have selected all the circuits I want to cover ie till turtuk and Pangong till loma bend via chushul. Nayways my concern is nowhere in the permit i can see shyok or agham place names. Is really permit required to travel in this route? should I mention it separately when I go to get it stamped? or i can just simply travel in that route based on other circuit permits covering durbuk,tangste,karu,man,spngmik,merak,panamik,khalsar,hunder,turtuk,khardung,pangong etc etc

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #65984

No special permit require for agham shyok route, since nubra valley and pangong tso will already be covered in your permit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Manali – Tso Moriri – Pangong Tso- Shyok – Nubra
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend