DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Kunzum & Rohtang Pass in May 2018

• Snehamayee on #25366

Hi All

With help from DoW -our last kinnaur trip was fantastic.. Now we want to try Spiti in last week of May 2018 but want to try the whole circuit from Shimla to Manali. WIll Kunzum and Rohtang be open by then? Do we have to cross both of these passes to reach Manali from via Spiti?

If it makes any difference – we will be 2 adults and our 11 year old daughter . Any suggestions? We are tentatively planning for 10-12 days

Regards

Snehamayee

Anonymous on #63119

Dear Experts

Can you please help? Will the kunzum/Rohtang pass be open by then? I really want to do that :) Any awesome places we should not miss? Our last trip was a success because of insights I gained here… I am hoping for a similar response this time also!

Snehamayee

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 96
    dipankarb on #63122

Snehamayee, there is a possibility that both the pass will be opened by June first week. Just keep checking on the sticky thread here

Anonymous on #63121

Thank you Dipankar – will keep the plans fluid then… We will decide at last minute :)

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2942
    aashish2137 on #63120

Hi [tag]snehamayee[/tag], Kunzum definitely doesn’t open by May. And this year the snowfall has been delayed by a few days so I wouldn’t count on this trip in May. Either return from Kaza or plan it after a month to be 100% sure.

Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6
    Snehamayee on #65451

After some research and a help from snow gods – we just completed the trip yesterday 🙂 Thank you every one for the help

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #65496

Wonderful, welcome back 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Kunzum & Rohtang Pass in May 2018
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend