DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Ismail homestay in Turtuk

• beginningless on #25123

I stayed at Ismail homestay with a sweet family for a month in Feb/Mar 2017 (before the permit rules changed in April). The host Ismail never let me pay for anything we ate outside. As it was very cold (Feb), they gave a small stove for me to heat the water for the “mattress pad” as and when I want. This is why I prefer homestays for GHs. I had raw milk and natural tasty apricots everyday during my stay.
    Ismail – 09419300430

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1861
    mosederbaer on #61774

I can guess that it must be an amazing experience to have such a marvelous hospitality at a remote place like turtuk. Thanks a lot for writing this also do share some pictures of the home stay and rooms with all of us.. :)

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9159
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #61775

@beginningless wrote:

I stayed at Ismail homestay with a sweet family for a month in Feb/Mar 2017 (before the permit rules changed in April). The host Ismail never let me pay for anything we ate outside. As it was very cold (Feb), they gave a small stove for me to heat the water for the “mattress pad” as and when I want. This is why I prefer homestays for GHs. I had raw milk and natural tasty apricots everyday during my stay.
    Ismail – 09419300430

Welcome to the forum Ranjit and thank you for sharing these details with us. If you have some pictures, please do share them with us too.

Participant
    Replies: 2
    beginningless on #61777

Thank you, Dheeraj. Having connectivity issues to upload the photos (I am still around Leh). Will do that ASAP.

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9159
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #61776

@beginningless wrote:

Thank you, Dheeraj. Having connectivity issues to upload the photos (I am still around Leh). Will do that ASAP.

Sure, please enjoyii your trip in Ladakh and take your sweet time. Treat us with all pictures once you are back :D

Participant
    Replies: 1
    drdas on #61778

Hi Guys

I stayed at Ismail Homestay while riding alone two years back. The host and his son were very humble and friendly. You can order anything to eat within his limits there. He also served us his special Kashmiri Kahawa tea. His grandpa makes woolen blankets with a small hand loom which you can buy from there for cheap price. And after all, it is a very special place for me. I found my wife there who was also staying there at that time :-).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Ismail homestay in Turtuk
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend