DoW Himalayan Travel Community

DoW Cause | GYAAN 500 in action at Barot, Himachal

Posted In: Responsible Travel

• dheerajsharma14 on #21899

Well, it was time for the monthly family trips for DoW Causes that I have planned for over an year or so to come and the first one we went to Barot and Chindi in Himachal Pradesh. We went to Barot first where we wanted to execute our DoW – Causes as well. There we inquired couple of remote villages and came to know that there is one 6 KM away from Barot by the name Luhardi. We went there and found a primary school in order to distribute the stationary over there. The school was small with about 30 children and there were 2 teachers.

This time I had my wife and the son with me. My wife did the honors of distributing the stuff while kiddo enjoyed with children in the school as I had a conversation with the teachers who were from Palampur and used to go home in holidays which were shortly due. Well, the true smiles around in the school, the laughs, the shyness and what not… It just bowled even my wife out as she was first time involved into such a thing and wondered how did she miss it upfront.

If you happen to be around Barot and interested in executing DoW Cause | GYAAN 500, please feel free to walking to Luhardi and do the honors to bring the smiles over the faces of those children up there :) :)

Then we went around the village as we had lot of Woolens with us as well along with couple of blankets to support DoW Cause | WARMTH 500. We carried only few NEW and rest were pretty new but old of course very much in wearable conditions. So, we carried them with us and distributed them around. Many were from the Junior’s last year itself. Most of the woolens we distributed to workers who we found working over construction of roads as they needed such woolens most while living in temporary tents besides…

It was yet another lovely outing with DoW Causes with many more to come in decades to follow….

Here are some pictures
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-39.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-36.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-44.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-43.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-42.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-41.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-40.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-38.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]
    wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtBarot-Chindi-2013-37.jpg[/attachment:12z8lufb]

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2942
    aashish2137 on #30920

Terrific stuff man! Kudos to you! Did the junior enjoy playing around with the local kids?

Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #30921

Kudos to you sir… more for identifying the remote places and for executing the causes there…

Participant
    Replies: 2
    vipin on #30922

Great work mate … Keep it up … Let the fire burn ….

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #30923

@vipin wrote:

Great work mate … Keep it up … Let the fire burn ….

Thanks alot Vipin… just trying our best to cultivate this wave of Responsible Travel to Himalayas in time to come…

@getpackingvinod wrote:

Kudos to you sir… more for identifying the remote places and for executing the causes there…

Thank You Vinod !! after all this is what we are here for in DoW and connected together brother !!

@aashish2137 wrote:

Terrific stuff man! Kudos to you! Did the junior enjoy playing around with the local kids?

Thanks bhai !! Slowly and steadily our efforts are rolling in… Junior was all around the kids, enjoyed with them as much as running after cocks and hens there ;)

Participant
    Replies: 10
    ashish0712 on #30924

Inspiring work Dheeraj…Spreading Smiles while Travelling…Awesome !!!

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #30925

Ashish, thank you so very much, this is what DoW Community is all about…. :) :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘DoW Cause | GYAAN 500 in action at Barot, Himachal’ is closed to new replies.

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend