DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Dhabhas / Restaurants in/around Mcleod Ganj / Dharamshala

• sany on #21888

Dheeraj Bhai,

I would have definitely put a review but unfortunately didnt click any photograph of those amazing little restaurants. The pink house is the best place to stay in Mcleod. Its peaceful away from little hustle of city despite being in the city, economical, and amazing views. The rooms are good, small and very neat and clean.

Gakyi Restaurant is a must for any person going to Mcleod, do not waste time eating momos or tibetan food else where. Some time you may even have to wait for 30-40 mins to sit inside as its a small place with 5-6 tables. Most likely you will also have to share the table with others.

The old lady the owner herself runs the place and if you are lucky she will strike memorable conversation with you. Each table will have menu and paper and pencil to write down your order and call once ready. Spinach Momos, Ginger honey Tea, Their own made muesli, Thupkas are just unbelievable. Its located right in the middle of the road towards the jogibara not the one that goes to the monastery. Their is an italian bakery “Nicks italian kitchen, also on the bhagsu road right at the begininning for those amazing croissants and european bakeries.

Wood baked pizza is another speciality of the town along with some beer on the rooftop restaurants, Carpe Diem is the best place for the same again on jogibara road.

Lung Ta as mentioned before serves the best Veg. japanese food, truly authentic. You can choose to sit inside or on the terrace outside for those amazing views of dhauladhar. Rest their are million of other small places one can put to try.

Norbulingka Institute before dharamshala is a must place to go and see the hard work done by monks in bringing those magnificent dragons and other classic tibetan drawings and statues.

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #30825

Sany bhai we don’t need any pictures for straight from heart brief reviews like above ;) I have split the topic as separate on here.

This shall surely help many going around Dharamshala / Mcleod Ganj

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2942
    aashish2137 on #30826

Lovely. I’ve been to Dharamshala-Mcleo thrice now but have always missed out on those lovely food joints (courtesy the company! :x) Anyway, should try this next time, D’shala ain’t far ;)

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #30827

Koi na we shall try them over our Snow Trek to Triund ;)

Participant
    Replies: 739
    sany on #30828

When is this Snow trek planned……i was mesmerized by the snow pic of parashar lake in one of your blogs dheeraj….its looks so enticing and inviting

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #30829

Sany bhai I have asked Tarun to let us know when he will be venturing there. Shall be in January over 3 days as soon as the whiteness surrounds the parashar lake. We do not want to have any brown patches around :D

Participant
    sany on #30830

Dheeraj, this is doable 3 days in Jan on 2nd weekend of jan what say…..i hope i can squeeze myself for this duration….i am in for this anytime as compared to Triund……

The view from the top just makes up for everything

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #30831

Super then !! I will keep you updated and yes the plan is to do it in 3 days with weekend in place :)

aashish2137 on #30832

We ate at The Moon Peak Cafe last month when we were there. It’s on the monastery road a few blocks before the monastery on the left side. The menu has a lot of varieties and the staff is accommodating. After a tough trek and sunny day in Mcleodganj, I wanted a chilled drink while [tag:1t2u3ya3]getpackingvinod[/tag:1t2u3ya3] wanted something light for his stomach. Without looking at the menu, I ordered an ice tea and Vinod asked for curd rice. Both were prepared. They even let us charge our phones too. We had a few sandwiches too and the bill was closer to 400 which is quite decent.

[tag:1t2u3ya3]saurabhsabikhi[/tag:1t2u3ya3] suggested us this place and I’d say you can’t go wrong with it. :)

Participant
    sany on #30833

Ah i remember this moon peak cafe….yes i know exactly where it is…..i wanted to go in but was getting late for movie screening in museum in the temple….glad you shared your views about it….

Agli baar…moon cafe ke dwar

Participant
    Replies: 140
    sameerphatak on #30834

Did anyone try the German bakery in Leh? Heard its very good.

Participant
    Replies: 1861
    mosederbaer on #30835

Bhal log cafe Mcclo or Maclo….just at the chowk at Mcleod ganj near the car park and Bus terminal. Amit must be having the correct name as he is a regular visitor and he took us (me, vipin, samar and also rohit) there while we returned from Khajjiar during Sach pass trip. Delicious food and the atmosphere is just amazing….Enjoyed chilled beer over the food…. :D :D

aashish2137 on #30836

@sameerphatak wrote:

Did anyone try the German bakery in Leh? Heard its very good.

It indeed is good. But I didn’t get a chance to visit it. General review is that they’re good.

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #30837

Anil, bhai, yeah with Beer I am sure you would have loved the food like anything 😆 😆

Participant
    sany on #30838

Bhai trust me McClo cafe is a big hype now, its a regular cafe like feel there! Try something which is different……..har bar ek hi jaga jaoge to kaise jamega

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Dhabhas / Restaurants in/around Mcleod Ganj / Dharamshala
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend