Devil on Wheels – Travel Tale of the Year Contest
We are inviting Devils to pen down their travel stories along with those beautiful Himalayan pictures for a chance to be tagged the DoW Travel Tale of the Year and win DoW goodies. All you need to do is to create an account at http://devilonwheels.com/india (if you don’t have one already), go to http://devilonwheels.com/india/himalayan-travel-tales/ and start writing. If you’re new to the forum and need help with formatting and such, refer to this thread: http://devilonwheels.com/india/himalayan-travel-tales/how-write-travel-tale-t3.html
Rules of the competition:
1. For the first year of competition, we will consider all travel stories that are written on the forum and completed before December 31, 2015. Incomplete travelogues will qualify for next year.
2. There will be 4 categories for the competition –
- Ladakh & Zanskar,
- Lahaul & Spiti,
- Rest of the Himalayas and
- Weekend trips (1-3 days)
3. The travelogue should consist of your entire travel story along with pictures. An ideal travelogue should include story on preparation, your experience in your own words, details and your review of your accommodations and driver, if hired. Links to blog posts will not qualify.
4. There is no bar on language and grammatical accuracy will not be criteria for judgment. So do not limit yourself just because you’re not confident. Remember, a good story will always find its listeners
5. To avoid personal bias, core members of the DoW team (those whose name comes in Red, Green and Blue colors) are not eligible to participate in this competition.
1. All nominated travelogues will listed on the forum by 15th January and potential winners will be shortlisted by the Core Members.
2. Post shortlisting, a team of expert independent travelers outside community will announce the winners by 31st January.
3. One winner from each category will win a generous box of DoW Goodies in the form of DoW Store Credits along with an Amazon or Flipkart Voucher
So, what are you waiting for…. 😆 😆