DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Buses/Share Cab availability on tour plan to Uttarakhand

• deba2164 on #25129

My trip to uttarakhand in the month of October has been planned in this way.

12th October Musoorie to Gangotri
    14th October Gangotri to Harsil
    16th October uttarkashi
    17th October New tehri
    18th October Jakholi via Tilwara

20th October PipolKoti
    23rd October Hrisikesh

[1]Would like to ask you if anybody have the specific and current information on the availability of buses /shared jeep on the places mentioned ,Please let me know .
    2. Would also request my friends that if you would like to suggest anything with regard to the above tour plan ,you can
    regards

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #61802

[tag:2g33knt4]mosederbaer[/tag:2g33knt4]

Participant
    Replies: 1861
    mosederbaer on #61805

@deba2164 wrote:

My trip to uttarakhand in the month of October has been planned in this way.

12th October Musoorie to Gangotri
    14th October Gangotri to Harsil
    16th October uttarkashi
    17th October New tehri
    18th October Jakholi via Tilwara

20th October PipolKoti
    23rd October Hrisikesh

[1]Would like to ask you if anybody have the specific and current information on the availability of buses /shared jeep on the places mentioned ,Please let me know .
    2. Would also request my friends that if you would like to suggest anything with regard to the above tour plan ,you can
    regards

I would like to know why do you want to visit pipalkoti, any specific reason because as far as I now, there is nothing special there. After this, will suggest some changes in your plan-

12th October- Musoorie to chamba and then to new tehari.
    13th October- New Tehari to uttarkashi and then to gangotri.
    14th October- Gangotri.
    15th October- Gangotri to Harsil.
    16th October- Harsil.
    17th October- Harsil to uttarkashi.
    18th October- Uttarkashi to jakholi via chaurangikhal, ghansali.
    19th October- jakholi.
    20th October- jakholi to rudraprayag, karnaprayag, chamoli, pipalkoti..
    23rd October- reach rishikesh.

Now about public trasnsport, if you do not get the direct option to the destination of the day then catch whatever available to place mentioned in my plan. Leaving early morning will be the to get comfortable transport options.

Hope it helps.. :)

Participant
    Replies: 29
    deba2164 on #61803

Dear Brother
    Perhaps you can remember me. we a aged couple from Kolkata had planned earlier to trek Deoriatal and Tunganath along with Gangotri and Auli.you had chalked out tour plan for us.Bur after Detailed thought and discussion and considering our physical state, we have cancelled our trekking part and have been given the ample time to cover those places with two night stays in each place.
    we have to cover the entire tour depending upon local bus or share jeep .Hence it is essential to gather the current information on local transport from point to point according to your tour plan .Moreover ,to hire a private cab for the entire tour would be costly for us and unnecessary also.
    Have discussed with my wife ,we do not have any objection to cover these places according to your tour plan.

We like the place Pipolkoti much better than Joshimath.We never visited Auli before and adjacent temples of Pipolkoti,Joshoimath area.This time we have planned to visit auli and surroundings by staying at Pipolkoti though three nights at pipolkoti are not necessary.

Tour plan is still open for your revision and betterment keeping in mind the availability of local transport from one place to another.
    We have heard that there is a short road which has been opened recently from Musoorie to Gangotri and public transports use to ply on that road.Do you have any update on this?

regards
    Debasish

Participant
    mosederbaer on #61804

Got it now sir. As per my knowledge, you should get the public transport (buses or sharing jeeps) at these stretches although they may not be fast and will be time consuming so you will have to keep a lot patience. I have seen myself that shared jeeps do not get started untill they get full. So Waiting time will be more at some points.

1. Musoorie to chamba, chamba to new tehari.
    2. New tehari to chamba, chamba to uttarkashi and further to gangotri.
    3. Tilwara to rudraprayag and further to pipalkoti and joshimath.
    4. On return, joshimath to rishikesh.

The only part in this plan, where I think getting a public transport may be little difficult would be uttarkashi-chaurangi khal-jakholi-tilwara. I am not saying there won’t be any but may not be frequent.

I would also advise to break joshimath-rishikesh journey in two days as doing it in public transport (in one day) would be very hectic and tiring. You can spend a night at rudraprayag and then next day start for rishikesh.

Also would apologize that I am not aware about this new road to gangotri from musoorie. The routes which I have traveled are, Musoorie-chamba-uttarkashi-gangotri and Musoorie-naugaon-barkot-dharasu bend-uttarkashi-gangotri.

Hope it helps.. :)

Participant
    deba2164 on #61807

Dear Brother

I am finalizing the tour plan for your consideration for betterment keeping in mind the availability of buses/share cab from point to point in the following way.Still I have some doubt .would be a great help if you can gather specific/current information and let me know.Take your time and we are not in a hurry.

12th &13th October Gangotri(depending upon direct non stop bus operated by Baba Biswanath via Suakholi/Thatyur/Pantwari/uttarkashi route on 12th morning.Need more information on advance booking and timing)
    14th&15th October-Harsil(by bus from gangotri on 14th )
    16th October-Uttarkashi (by bus from harsil)
    17th October -I have a doubt on getting public transport to Jakholi via Chauringhikhal Ganshali Mayali.Alternatively we can stay at New Tehri on 17th to avail buses/share cab towards Ganshali/Chirbhatiya /mayali to reach Jakholi
    18th&19th October-Jhakoli(considered one buffer day)
    20th&21st October-Pipolkoti ( via rudraprayag by buses or share cab)
    22nd October-Khirsu if possible via rudraprayag/ Khankara or will stay at Rudraprayag
    23rd October -Hrisikesh via pauri or directly from Rudraprayag.
    our return train ticket will be from Haridwar on 25th October night at about 11.30 p.m

please do not hesitate to comment on the tour plan as above .is it very hectic?please try to make it better if you can, considering the fact that we have depend on public transport to cover the entire trip.

regards

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9205
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #61806

That is some awesome info Anil bhai !!

Participant
    deba2164 on #61814

If anybody including Dheerajbhai and Anilbhai can gather the current and specific information on BUSES and Share Cab based on my tour plan please let me know.

regards

Participant
    deba2164 on #61810

dear Anilbahai/Dheerajbhai and others
    after detailed discussions we have been able to finalize our tour plan for your review and recommendation.
    thanks to all and based on your advice and suggestions,We shall try to stay at Picture palce area of Musoorie to avail the direct bus to Gangotri which starts at 6.45 AM from PP bus stand on 12th October 2017.If the seats are not available we shall break at Uttakashi and 13th shall proceed to Gangotri.
    14th&15th -harshil.
    16th-Uttarkashi
    17Th -either new tehri or if possible any suitable place in between tehri to tilwara route via ghyanshali depending upon bus/share cab
    18th&19th -jhakholi via mayali
    20th&21st -dogalvitta
    22nd&23rd—either pipolkoti or joshimath–would like to visit Auli and adjacent places on 23rd–
    24th-straight to hrisikesh by bus /share jeep
    our return ticket would from Haridwar on 25th october at about 11.55pm

please review the plan if any additional day/alteration is required .
    please advice on some cheap and decent accommodations.
    have skipped Khirsu and add Dogolvitta for two night stays.

please critically evaluate and compare with the earlier one,if we decide to take a cab from musoorie and cover the entire trip in 10 days .(one night stay in each place except pipolkoti/joshimath)

Hope you will not mind anything in replying my endless queries ,wasting your valuable time .

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #61808

Well, on high level it looks fine to me. I will leave to Anil bhai [tag:105f53tc]mosederbaer[/tag:105f53tc] for minute details in the differences.

Participant
    mosederbaer on #61809

Sir here are my comments on the latest post-

We shall try to stay at Picture palce area of Musoorie to avail the direct bus to Gangotri which starts at 6.45 AM from PP bus stand on 12th October 2017.If the seats are not available we shall break at Uttakashi and 13th shall proceed to Gangotri.

I am still not aware about this bus service but will keep on looking for more information about it, if I find something, will surely let you know. Google shows this road from Mussoorie to uttarkashi (without touching chamba) so i believe that public transport should also be available on this. However, do take a break at Uttarkashi if need arises.

14th&15th -harshil.
    16th-Uttarkashi

This looks fine.

17Th -either new tehri or if possible any suitable place in between tehri to tilwara route via ghyanshali depending upon bus/share cab
    18th&19th -jhakholi via mayali
    20th&21st -dogalvitta
    22nd&23rd—either pipolkoti or joshimath–would like to visit Auli and adjacent places on 23rd–
    24th-straight to hrisikesh by bus /share jeep
    our return ticket would from Haridwar on 25th october at about 11.55pm

On 16th when you stay overnight at uttarkashi, then in the evening, do check with hotel person and some locals about the bus and shared jeeps to jakholi or mayali. I strongly believe that you will be able to find public transport on this route. :) Actually you should clearly mention about jakholi badma (near mayali) as there is another jakholi which is located on the way to deoprayag.

Now from Jakholi, I would suggest you to book a cab for dugalbitta as you will be traveling at the end of the yatra season and from Ukhimath onward, there may not be any public conveyance post afternoon. While staying at dugalbitta, do check the availability of bus or shared jeeps for Joshimath (suggesting you to stay at joshimath instead of pipalkoti but do remember that while returning, doing joshimath to rishikesh (about 260 km) in public transport will little be hectic), if you do not find one then either take any conveyance to gopeshwar or chamoli and change from there for joshimath or take a taxi for the full route. For these last days of the trip, I am putting up some changes for make it more easier-
    22nd- dugalbitta to joshimath.
    23rd- day visit to auli and cover nearby local points.
    24th- Joshimath to deoprayag.
    25th- Deoprayag to rishikesh, spend some time there and then head to haridwar to catch the night train.

In case, you find it comfortable to do joshimath-rishikesh in one day then go with it.

Hope it helps…. :)

Participant
    deba2164 on #61812

thanks Anilbhai for your valuable input . if you get some more information based on this tour plan ,please let me know.

I seek your advice on a alternate proposition .i am still undecided whether we go for a cab from mousourie to cover the entire trip in 10 to 11days(one night in each place except Joshimath) or I shall stick to our earlier proposition to complete it depending upon local buses/share cab.car cost will definitely be high (at least it needs 10days x2000/-per day in a small car if not more) if we go for the 1st one.but we are considering our age ,ability to carry luggage ,availability of local transport,many places within a short period of time,many changes en route etc.
    please share your views on this.

regards

Keymaster
    DHEERAJ SHARMA on #61811

I will suggest going with the taxi only even if it means covering less places but it will be comfortable at least.

Participant
    deba2164 on #61813

If we want to go to uttarkashi from Dehradun by bus or by share cab,where is the hill bus station and how long it is from rly station?Is there any pvt accommodation nearby? Are Baba Viswanath and UTC buses plying from the same place?
    We have heard the place parade ground from where buses and share cab depart for Uttarkashi.please confirm.

regards

Replies: 2295
    Vinod Raman on #61815

[tag:2s5y6skd]mosederbaer[/tag:2s5y6skd]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
Reply To: Buses/Share Cab availability on tour plan to Uttarakhand
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend