Finally, after a long time, we are publishing a contest on Devil On Wheels™. This time the contest will be running for a long time and is considered as weekly. I am sharing the official statement for the contest below and would love if you all can join in to entangle in the spirit of the Himalayas.
In the past, there have been many requests from different members of the community to post their experiences, updates, moments and pictures from the Himalayas. We thought of various ways but finalized on creating the ‘DoW Travel Community’ Facebook group. The major factor was ease of sharing from your mobile and on the go. Facebook is installed on most of our phones and people visit it many times a day. Also, it helps us in keeping our budget in check too.
Dear Fellow Devils and Himalayan Travel Enthusiasts,
Devil On Wheels™ is pleased to announce our photo contest “#FridayFeature”. The contest will provide you an opportunity to showcase your lovely photographs in our fellow community and also get a chance to win some cool DoW Goodies.
The details of the DoW “#FridayFeature” contest are as follows:
- 1. Photos should be posted on the ‘DoW Travel Community’ Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilonwheels/
- 2. Please tag the photos with #FridayFeature and #DevilOnWheels hashtags to enter the contest.
- 3. Winner photo will be showcased as the cover photo on our Devil On Wheels Facebook Page and Facebook Group.
- 4. Winner will also get a surprise pack of DoW Goodies.
- 5. While posting your pictures, please indicate a brief description, the place from where the photo is clicked, and the date/month and year when it was clicked. Pictures without these details will not be considered.
- 6. You can also invite your friends to join the group and participate in the contest – More the merrier 🙂 🙂 !!
Other things you must consider and take a note while participating in the contest:
- 1. Please post only pictures that have been clicked by you. Posting photos clicked by someone else without their permission or posting pictures downloaded from the internet or pictures that violate any copyright laws are strictly forbidden and such photos will be taken down immediately and the person posting banned from the group.
- 2. The group is dedicated to Himalayan travel, therefore, pictures should essentially be from the Himalayas. Post landscape photographs that showcase the beauty of the Himalayas – while a human in the frame is acceptable, please do not post selfies or your portrait photographs.
- 3. Do not post any explicit content or nudity. Such posts will be deleted and the person posting banned from the group. Admin and Moderators reserve the right to moderate content and / or accept or remove posts.
- 4. The first DoW ‘#FridayFeature’ contest will commence on Saturday, November 11, 2017 and will continue every week, until further notice.
- 5. Winners will be announced every Friday – pictures posted from every Friday to Thursday will be considered for the contest.
- 6. Winners are requested to contact Devil On Wheels via message or email to share the mailing address etc with us to send the pack of DoW Goodies.
- 7. While there are no set criteria for judging the best pic, various factors, such as uniqueness of the picture, the story in it, the place, the composition, the moment, the memory, etc. will be taken into consideration while announcing the winner.
- 8. The decision of the admin/moderation team shall be final and no questions or disputes will be entertained in any manner in this regard. Please note the contest is to have fun and share the best Himalayan moments with each other.
- 9. Finally, by participating in the contest using the #FridayFeature and #DevilOnWheels hashtags, the winners agree to allow Devil On Wheels™ to use their photographs as the Devil On Wheels™ cover page on the Facebook Group or Facebook Page. Devil On Wheels™ shall also be at liberty to use (and every person participating in the contest agrees to allow Devil On Wheels™) the photographs posted on the Facebook group on their website.(www.devilonwheels.com) or their community forum (www.devilonwheels.com/india), of course, with due credits to the owner of the photograph.
So what are you waiting for – go ahead and treat us with your pictures or moments from the Himalayas and win some Devil On Wheels™ goodies !!