Below is the itinerary for covering Dalhousie – Khajjiar – Dharamshala – Mcleod Ganj – Manali – Rohtang Pass – Jalori Pass – Shimla. I hope it could be useful to someone doing the circuit with little tweaks accordingly.
Day 1: Pathankot (4 PM Arrival) – Dalhousie or Pathankot to Banikhet or Pathankot
Day 2: Pathankot – Banikhet – Dalhousie – Khajjiar
Day 3: Khajjiar – Kalatop – Khajjiar
- You can also opt to stay in Kalatop FRH with prior bookings.
Day 4: Khajjiar – Dharamshala – Mcleod Ganj
Day 5: Mcleod Ganj
- Visit Local monastery, Dal Lake, Bhagsunag Temple and waterfall
Day 6: Mcleod Ganj – Manali
- Enjoy mall road in the evening
Day 7: Manali – Rohtang Pass – Manali
- Visit the Rohtang Pass in the first half of the day
- Explore local monastery, hadimba temple in the evening
- You may also go to old manali for the dinner
Day 8: Manali – Kullu – Jalori Pass – Shimla (Long day)
Day 9: Shimla
- Jakhu Temple in the morning, Mall road in the evening
Day 10: Shimla – Kalka (9:30 PM Departure)
- Try the Shimla – Kalka toy train to reach Kalka, if possible
Please share your thoughts and comments, on what you feel for the above itinerary.
If you found above article useful, then PLEASE stay connected with us on Facebook or Twitter or Email Subscription for any himalayan travel queries or travel updates / tips / news / guides on Traveling to Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Kashmir and other parts of Himalayas. Travel, off the road with us...