Char Dham Yatra 2011 Begins

0

Well, it was a rainy weather yesterday but a welcome gesture to begin the annual pilgrimage i.e. Char Dham Yatra in the abode of gods, Uttarakhand.  The Char Dham Yatra 2011 including Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath begun yesterday with full fervor.

Read More Below:

The annual Char Dham Yatra began today on a pleasant note amid rains. The Yamunotri dham was opened at 12:35 PM, while the Gangotri Dham was thrown open to public at 12:55 PM. Hundreds of devotees congregated to offer prayers at both the temples.

Vice-president of Char Dham Vikas Parishad, Surat Ram Nautiyal, who had been to both the temples, said, “The rain was welcomed by devotees as the blessings of Lord Indra on this significant day of the beginning of Char Dham Yatra.” He said, “Both the places have ample lodging facilities with tourist rest houses of Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam, inns and private accommodation available at all the places.” He also said adequate transport facilities had also been made so that 60% of the total 2,700 buses would be used for pilgrimage, and the rest 40% would be available for local transportation. He assured that if needed, more buses would be hired from Himachal Pardesh.

Source: Char Dham Yatra 2011 Begins

If you found above article useful, then PLEASE stay connected with us on Facebook or Twitter or Email Subscription for any himalayan travel queries or travel updates / tips / news / guides on Traveling to Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Kashmir and other parts of Himalayas. Travel, off the road with us...


Share.

About Author

You can call me an Avid Traveler, a Day - Night Dreamer and a Passionate Lover of Himalayas who has a high zest for driving whilst exploring new places in Himalayas & sharing back those Himalayan Travel experiences with the other fellow Travelers... I am in love with Spreading Smiles in Himalayas through DoW Causes & currently enjoying life as Happy Traveling Soul at DoW Community. You can read more about me in detail at the link here ...

Ask Your Travel Question Below !!

Accept types: txt, jpg, jpeg, , pdf

Add another file


Leave A Reply

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend