The Amarnath Yatra Registration for 2011 will begin on 10th May, 2011 and stop on 10 August, 2011 The registration forms will be available at the registration counters in 121 designated branches of J&K Bank, 24 branches of YES Bank and four district cooperative banks. The registration counters in these banks will be open from 3 PM to 6 PM on all weekdays and 1 PM to 4 PM on all Saturdays . Registration is done on first cum first serve basis and the fee for registration of Amarnath Yatra is Rs 15. Every registered Yatri or pilgrim will be provided an accidental insurance of Rs 1 Lac The Amarnath Yatra 2011 will start on 29 June, 2011 and will terminate on 13 August, 2011. Also, check the DO’ and DONT’ at the end of the article too…
You can also register for the Amarnath Yatra using the link : Online Registration for Amarnath Yatra 2011. The permits generated using the online system are no longer considered as provisional too.
Read More Below:
The process of registration for the annual Amarnath pilgrimage, simultaneously along both Baltal and Chandanwari routes in the state, shall commence from May 10 through 149 bank branches located across the country and Internet-based e-registration system.
According to RK Goyal, Chief Executive Officer of Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB), the registration of the yatris will commence at registration counters established in 121 designated branches of J&K Bank, 24 branches of YES Bank and four district cooperative banks.
He added that for the information of all concerned, the details of the branches were available on the board’s website (Official Website of Amarnath Shrine Board).
As decided by the shrine board after its meeting held on February 18, the yatra would commence simultaneously along the Baltal and Chandanwari routes from June 29 and culminate on August 13, Goyal said.
He added that on the directions of Governor NN Vohra, who is also the chairman of the SASB, the board had endeavored every year to expand the registration network in the country for the convenience of the intending yatris. The shrine board has succeeded this year to increase the number of counters from 121 in 2010 to 149 by securing the support of other banks in various states. The registration will be done on the first-come-first-served basis. The registration counters at the designated branches of J&K Bank (121), YES Bank (24) and the district cooperative banks (4) in the state of Bihar shall remain open from 3 pm to 6 pm on all weekdays and 1 pm to 4 pm on all Saturdays during the period of registration, up to August 10.
The requisite application form can be collected from any of the designated branches of J&K Bank, YES Bank and the aforesaid district cooperative banks or downloaded from the board’s website. Registration will be done through a yatra permit, which will be issued on the submission of the application form, duly filled in, along with the payment of handling charges of Rs 15 per pilgrim.
It was clarified that the yatra permit generated through an Internet-based system will no longer be treated as provisional.
Goyal said the yatris could register online via the website: JK Bank Amarnath Yatra Online Registraion of J&K Bank in an interactive mode on the payment of handling charges of Rs 15 per yatri. This facility has been provided particularly for the benefit of those pilgrims, who may not have ready access to any of the 149 designated registration counters. Every registered yatri will be provided an accidental insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh at the cost of the shrine board.
Dos and don’ts
- No yatri shall be allowed to undertake the pilgrimage without a valid yatra permit
- Interested yatris can reserve their helicopter seats via the board’s website from May 10 onwards
- Those who travel by helicopters, will not be required to separately obtain the yatra permit
- The one-way helicopter fare for Baltal-Panjtarni and Pahalgam-Panjtarni routes has been fixed at Rs 2,425 and Rs 3,450, respectively
- Children in the age group of 2-12 years will be required to pay half the aforesaid prices
- Pilgrims are advised to strictly adhere to the announced yatra schedule
- Yatris are advised to carefully read the dos and don’ts printed on reverse of the yatra permit and at the board’s website before commencing the yatra.
- Person having any serious medical or orthopaedic ailment or breathing, chest or heart problem must not undertake the arduous yatra
- Every pilgrim is required to provide a self-certification that he/she is fit to undertake the yatra
Source: Amarnath yatra registration to begin on May 10